camo engine covers

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by JAYNC, Oct 19, 2005.

1. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    Where can you get really nice camo engine covers, I have seen some from Avery but they look terrible. I want one that fits real tight and looks nice. It will be for a 2005 Mercury 75hp 4 stroke. Thanks

2. catmankev

catmankev New Member

State:
    Valmeyer, Illinois
    Have you considered CAMOCLAD? They have an outboard motor kit at MACK'S PRAIRIE WINGS/$34.99

3. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    I had a 115 that I covered in Camo-Clad, got it through cabelas. Works great, it's basically just a sticker and takes a bit to cut and apply but it holds very well. I still have a 6 inch strip that goes all the way around my boat, it has held for 5 years now. Good stuff

4. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    I have seen that stuff, but I was wondering what it would do if you tried to ever take it off.

5. catmankev

catmankev New Member

State:
    Valmeyer, Illinois
    They make permanent and removeable kits. Mack's has the removeable.

6. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    cool, I will look into it, thanks

7. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    also noticed that minnkota has a waterfoul edition trolling motor. (camo) seen them at gander mountain last week.

8. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    I wish I would have known that when I outfitted the boat in august, I guess black is fine though since it will be covered up by the blind. I just want to get a camo cover for the engine, maybe I will have to get one made somewhere. That shiny black mercury will stick out like a sore thumb to the ducks though.

9. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    As far as a slip over cover if cabelas don't have them I know that ducks unlimited has lots of camo stuff, you might try them.

10. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    heck man if ya want a good camo cover and don't want to risk messing it up with stick on stuff heres a thought. go to the outdoor store, wal-mart and find the pattern ya want. they should both sell camo fabric from rolls. take a large peice and lay it over the motor cover. fold it and pin it to fit fairly snug. trim off access and sew it. the take a peice of elastic cord 8-9 " smaller than the circomference of the cover and fold the lip of the fabric over the cord and sew it. then it will go on quick and will be under $10. im sure one made and sold like i described will run $30 and up. then you can choose the best camo pattern. some times homeade is better. ;)

11. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    I think thats what I am going to do, I will have a proffessional make it so it looks nice, I dont know why but if something doesnt look nice I dont want it. I will just have to find shadowgrass in a nice waterproof material. Thanks everyone.

12. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ya wasn't sure how good your sewing skills were. lol. anyone good with a sewing machine could whip out something easy like that. then you could pop it on in just a few seconds.

13. hoosier angler

hoosier angler New Member

State:
    Arizona
    It doesn't look fantastic (fit) but it does camo the engine
    HUMVEE spare tire cover desert camo $5.00 army surplus.
    It might be an option until you get something better. That's what I use.

14. djlabs

djlabs New Member

State:
    MO.
    We've decided we prefer to make our own - it is much cheaper and then we get exactly what we want with fit and everything. The expensive ones you buy are usually too big, too small or come apart at the seams after two trips. I wouldn't worry about waterproof material, all we do is pull the cover out and lay it across the boat when we get home to air-dry after a hunt and it works well. We've used the cover we made for four years and the ducks love it along with the blind we made to custom fit our boat too. This year we have to get the sewing machine out again, new boat, bigger motor and the cover doesn't fit anymore...