Camera dying and going to camera heaven?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by odtimr, Apr 27, 2007.

1. odtimr

odtimr New Member

State:
    nebraska
    My picture taking digital camera at first worked good, then later worked some, not worked some, now you can’t depend on it working at all, especially when you really need it too. It kind of echos my life style I guess. What is a good camera to pick up, remembering I went swimming over the side with my cell phone last year, so don’t want to invest too much. Also while on the subject any good ideas for taking a photo of your fish that you want to release. My works some times camera has a timer but I never figured how I could get into the picture with the fish. I usually fish by myself because now I can fish all week and avoid the crowds on the weekends. I usually fish from my boat. Thanks for any thoughts on the subject. Luck

2. jbarnes17

jbarnes17 New Member

State:
    Commerce, Oklahoma
    I bought a hewlett packard digital for my wife and an extra memory card which allows her to take about 700 pics before she has to clear them. I think altogether i have about 80 dollars.

3. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Don't laugh, but are ya sure it doesn't just need a fresh battery? :confused2: They can be persnickety.

We have a little Kodak, about the same cost as what Joel described, by the time you get the extra memory card. It's been workin good for a few years now, but I do wish it had the telefoto lens. Good luck!

4. jbarnes17

jbarnes17 New Member

State:
    Commerce, Oklahoma
    By the way, I bought mine at wal-mart.

5. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have an HP M425. 5mpxl. $130 with extra memory card. Also, for $90 I got an HP printer/scanner/copier/photo printer. So far they work great. Also, if you don't already use them, Lithium Esquare are the best batteries fo the $. They last forever.

6. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Funny,same story here.We have 6 grandkids,so are old digital has got a LOT!! of use.Got to the point where it would only take about 1 out of 10 pics.
    The wife just got an Olympus off e-bay,arrived yesterday.Complete package with extra batteries,recharger,software,adaptor,etc...... for 80$$
    we didn't need anything fancy,just point and click.

7. rich-online

rich-online New Member

State:
    California
    I can second that one. I just worked on a Kodak digital that insisted on brand new alkali cells before it would work.

-- Rich