Camel stew

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by Boomer, Jul 21, 2008.

1. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    NOTE: Recipe requires a quite large Dutch Oven, Recommended for entertaining V.I.P’s in Camp. (serves 3800 people)
    3 medium sized camels
    ½ ton salt
    1 ton pepper
    500 bushels potatoes
    200 bushels carrots
    3000 sprigs parsley
    1000 gallons brown gravy
    2 small rabbits

Cut camels into bite-sized pieces. Cube vegetables (this may take a while, so start early.) Place meat into large Dutch Oven and cover with gravy. When it starts to warm up, slowly add vegetables. Salt & pepper to taste. Simmer for four weeks. Garnish with parsley. If more are expected, add rabbits.

2. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    I'm keeping this recipe for the first gathering I make that has at least 3800 people attending. Think I'm kidding? Back when I joined, we had fewer than 200. Who'd of thought we'd ever have over 22,000 members?

3. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Gary,
    Joketh ye not.
    Although Snopes dismisses the following recipe as a hoax, I read of it when I was a kid a long time before Snopes was around.
    It seems the Bedouins occasionally serve a dish at weddings that consists of hard boiled eggs stuffed into fish. The fish are then stuffed into chickens and the chickens. The chickens are then stuffed into sheep which are then stuffed into a camel.
    Sounds like just the thing after a few beers on the weekend...W

4. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    On the camels? Is that one hump or two? :eek:oooh:

5. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    lmao it'a a party man that right there require's two hump's !!!!!!!!!!

6. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    In all seriousness,Gary. They oughtaa know how to do camel right in the land you're in :wink:

7. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Believe it or not they do eat Camel here. I have eaten "out" at police stations, they eat a lot of rice and sheep and goats and chickens, very little beef. The last place I ate the Chief of Police cooked lunch for us, and I have to say, it was good, we had sheep (cut up in chunks and boiled with spices. Then he told me his wife had made this relish, it was made out of what looked like beats, man that stuff was good, he said it had fermented for 7 years.

I read an article in the paper about 12 people dying from eating camel. I guess this camel had gotten sick and they butchered it. A camel is pretty good size so they passed it out to 4 or 5 families (no refridgeration, or for that matter electricity). The problem was the camel was infected with natural Amthrax.

8. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    thats a hell of a stew boomer.:crazy:

9. tyrupp

tyrupp New Member

State:
    Ellis,Kans
    could I use camel lights to too give it that state side taste

10. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

And believe me, if Jerm says it is.....IT IS. :smile2:

11. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    had it in turkey during WW1!

well ill try and get this going for the illinois gathering.

ill bring the two rabbits.:wink: