Camel Spider

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Ace, Apr 9, 2006.

1. Ace

Ace New Member

State:
    Gastonia N
    These things are huge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They run 10 mph, jump three feet, are a nocturnal spider, so only come out at night unless they are in shade. When they bite you, you are injected with Novocaine so you go numb instantly. You don't even know you are bitten when you are sleeping, so you wake up with part of your leg or arm missing because it has been gnawing on it all night long.

If you are walking around and you bump something that is casting a shadow over it, and the sun makes contact with it, you better run. It will instantly run for your shadow, and scream the whole time it is chasing you.

PS. The one on the bottom is eating the one on the top. These are spiders found daily in IRAQ by the troops. Imagine waking up and seeing one of these beauties in your tent!! :frk-big:

:cat:

2. Cyclops01

Cyclops01 New Member

State:
    Eden, NC.
    Ace,

I seen some rats in 'Nam that ya could have saddled and ridden in the barrel race at the rodeo. (woulda considered some photos but that wasn't a working priority at the time) But that camel spider is one huge son of a buck!!! :frk-big:

3. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Actually its not really a spider, but it is related to spiders and scorpion and other arachinids. It is a solifugid which means "to flee from the sun", and we have some species in the good 'ol USA, not near as big as the Mid-Eastern species. I have personally not saw one, but fellow member SudDawg saw them in his trips to the "sand-box". They are non venomous, but will cause a nasty bite due to having a "jaw-like mandible, not like a spider that just has fangs, this SOB can actually bite and hold on. Here's a couple of articles

http://www.snopes.com/photos/bugs/camelspider.asp

http://www.camelspiders.net/

TA2D

Aaron

4. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    man them things are butt ugly. thanks but no thanks lol

5. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    I don't like spiders.. and those go to the top of my list:crying:

6. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    MMMMMM good! I wonder where I put the big steaming pot I used last week for those blue claw crabs.;)

7. cannady4

cannady4 New Member

State:
    il
    I dont care what it is called. That thing is to big for me to deal with me. Its called a shotgun, USE IT!!!!!!!!!

8. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    Theres something i dont want to share my sleeping bag with!!

9. astutzman

astutzman New Member

State:
    Collinsville, IL
    Those sores look pretty nasty. Like something out of a sci fi movie or something.

10. suddawg

suddawg New Member

Definately worse at night. Ever since I saw my first one on my way to the chow tent in Kuwait back in 2000, I check my sleeping bag and everything around it. I've only seen one bite, and it wasn't pretty.

During the day is when we would allways get surprised the most because they hide where it's predominately cool. You would allways know when someone found a camel spider because you would here just about every obscenity ever known. We would also catch them sometimes and make them fight against scorpions, lizards, and other camel spiders. Predominately the camel spiders would win against any scorpion.

SudDawg

11. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Man spiders dont bother me normally, but that one gives me the creeps. Bet they just laugh at raid. I say about 6 shot would be good for them.