Calvin, Change in plans

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by KansasKatter, Sep 22, 2006.

1. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Hey Calvin,

We changed our minds this weekend about camping out there with no electric. Just a little soon to be doing that with the baby, trying to warm up bottles and such. So we are going to ElDorado instead. I think we are going to try to get behind the dam, if they are not all full up.

If you are out and about, and you happen to check this before you leave, stop by and see us. My 14 year old, wife and baby will be there this time, and Toby and Austin are coming along too I think.

2. Calvin

Calvin New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Jeff, was that you who called me Saturday morning??? I was stranded out in the middle of the lake and was tryinjg to get gas in my boat. I couldn't hear your voice very well and didn't have my glasses on to read your number. I wish I'd known. I'd have invited you out to Bluestem point to join us. I was participating in the "Fishing Has No Boundries" campout. That's something I'd like to see some of my BOC brothers take part in. It was one of the most satisfying weekends I've spent all summer. Those of us fortunate enough to have good sight, mobility, and other functions sometimes take them for granted. It was windy and cold out on the lake and we really had to work for every fish. I never heard a whimper or complaint in two days of fishing. It was a humbling experience. I don't think I've ever seen Matt effected by anything like his experience fishing with our partners. I was really proud of his efforts to show them a good time.
    I wish I had known you were coming to ElDorado Jeff. You would have enjoyed it I'm sure.

3. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    That does sound good, and I am glad to hear you guys enjoyed it. I used to work the Special Olympics every year while I was in college. It was extremely gratifying and humbling to watch those special kids compete and enjoy life. I think EVERY able bodied person should have to spend at least a day doing this kind of thing, it would sure change a lot of people's perspective on things I am sure.

We did not know we were going to El Dorado until Friday afternoon. Kind of a last minute deal. We camped behind the damm, by the swimming lake. The boys had a blast catching bass and bluegill all day, and the weather was perfect after the morning chill wore off.

Oh yeah, that was me that called Saturday morning. I was going to call again later that day, but my phone went dead, and I did not have my charger with us.

4. Calvin

Calvin New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I had started to camp below the dam Friday night but thought I'd better stick closer to the goings on up there.