Cally & Braunig PowerPlants

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by LittelAl, Nov 25, 2007.

1. LittelAl

LittelAl New Member

State:
    Texas
    Drove by Cally today and saw that the powerplant was burning. I was wondering is there any ryme or reason when they crank them up, and what effects does it have on fishing when they come on.:big_smile:

2. hillcountryfishin

hillcountryfishin New Member

State:
    tx
    AL, I can tell you at times it makes alot of differnce. Depends on the time of year and the current water temp. Colder days, the outlets are good fishing. Warmer months, the intakes can be better fishing.
    I've expierenced sucess fishing both outlets and intakes on both lakes.
    Watch the water temp and you get near both of these areas and document the changes. It can make a world of differnce on many a day out there.
    As to when they run the plants, I have no idea when they generate. I usually eyeball the stacks and depending on the conditions, make a decison from there.

3. el-de-saspamco

el-de-saspamco New Member

State:
    Saspamco,Texas
    Al,
    The plants run more due to demand, when it's real hot and real cold, they got to cause more folks are using more power. I remember a few years back when Braunig was having 'brown outs' due to it being real cold and the talopia were clogging the filters on the intake side of the plant, I think they were using small charges to clear them from the filter but I'm not too sure.

Ruben