Calling on the BOC

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by catfish kenny, Dec 4, 2007.

GIVE US YOUR TAKE

1. Do You Think it is a world record blue

2. The biggst fish you've ever saw(add a dang in there!)

3. undecided

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
  2. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    :wink:ALL participants in the poll will remain annonymous to protect the innocent

3. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    What kind of pole is that you're giving away? I'm glad that I will remain anonymous because I'm innocent and I definitely want to be protected from the powers that be.

4. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Glen you aint innocent:wink:

5. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    looks pretty big, don't know bout world record, but definately the biggest blue iv'e seen looks like anyway

6. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I voted it's the biggest fish I ever saw (with a dang added in there). It's not a new record because it wasn't certified. How many cats have been caught over 124#, but not certified? Probably several. It's awesome that beast was returned to the murky depths. I don't know if I coulda. I would have tried to get fish & game down there without taking it from the water. To some people the fish is more important than a piece of paper...and THAT is true sportsmanship!!!

Do I think that fish is bigger than Tim Pruit's? For sure. It's head was the size of that 40 horse Merc for Chris' sakes!!! What a monster!:crazy:

7. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    I picked the biggest Ive ever seen and I think its a WR. That friken thing is huge

8. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
  9. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    by the way wich ever moderator helped with this on the forum jump THANK YOU!

10. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    i dont know how i have missed the pic of nessie. that is the biggest dang catfish i have ever seen. i might even have nightmares about that bohemoth.

like that guy on the movie jaws said "i think we aare gonna need a bigger boat...."

11. dab_602000

dab_602000 New Member

State:
    Ft. Worth Texas
    That must have took all day to reel in,:0a27::006::0a20::0a31:

12. reeftank

reeftank New Member

State:
    iowa bettendorf
    HE IS A TRUE MENTOR THATS IS FOR SURE IT IS THE BIGGEST CAT I HAVE EVER SEEN:eek:oooh:

13. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    That looks like the one that got away from me twice last year.:smile2:

I'm going to have to string my ultra-lite with braid.

:big_smile::big_smile:

14. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Thats definitely the biggest head on a catfish I've ever seen. I am glad it was released ,Not sure I could have ,being THAT BIG.

15. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    here's my deal..if that fish isn't photo shopped, then it is real..it is also real old. why not take it out of the water and take lots of pics and then make lots of filets? the trauma it suffered has shortened its long life and it can no long bear eggs...

of course, it could be that i am jealous:big_smile:

16. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    PHILL ME TO AND TOTALY AWED AT THE SIZE OF THAT MONSTER

17. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    The first two pics look huge, but the third one doesn't appear that big. Optical illusion?:crazy: Very nice cat regardless. If I caught what I considered to be a record it would definitely get weighed some how. I would probably poke a hole through it's bottom jaw for the rope though. :eek:oooh:

18. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I am glad that I ain't the only one that noticed where that rope was ran:sad2:!!!
    If it was released and that rope was what he pulled it in with, I am 90% certain that that fish died within hours of it's release. I am sure he meant well but, running a rope through their gills is a death sentence.

19. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    i agree with that brother.

20. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I was definately thinking a potential World Record Fish until I saw a different pic elsewhere. The belly was way skinnier than I imagined it would be, it was a slender fish if a 100+ pounder could ever be called slender.

Not taking anything away from Radish as that is a fish of a lifetime. Just don't think it was a WR contender now.

It would have though been a new Mississippi STATE RECORD for dang sure.

Note: These are just my opinions and I don't know jack other than my observations based on a couple of photos. In other words, "You might have had to be there".