Calling all so cal catfisherman, catfisherman unite at lake hesperia

Discussion in 'CALIFORNIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by godsglad8tor, Jul 18, 2007.

1. godsglad8tor

godsglad8tor New Member

State:
    Riverside, CA
    :0a21:

i figured id be really cool if once a month us so cal fisherman, that is close enough, arrive at lake hesperia at 8pm, 1hr before the time to start fishing, fishing there is 15dollars for 9pm to 4am friday saturday sunday... and just have a good ole time nightfishing for cats while getting to know one another, *i dont know if you feel the same way, but im sure us cali boys and girls feel out of place sometimes here at BOC since were from cali, we dont have the luxury of having the river down the street, local ponds, everywhere we are forced to pay to go fishing*, so come together and we will fish together in So Calif

*the above statment is in no way shape or form was ment to offend, discrimnate or intentionally hurt any other states, i just wanted to note that we are SOL for alot of fishing here in calif.

:0a36:

2. luv 2 catch kats

luv 2 catch kats New Member

State:
    ca
    What's up GodsGLAD8TOR,

That sounds like a pretty cool idea. I have never fished Lake Hesperia before. Is it all bank fishing or can you fish from a boat as well during the hours you're speaking of? I'd be interested in hookin' up with you and give the lake a go either way. Maybe we can line something up for August.

3. godsglad8tor

godsglad8tor New Member

State:
    Riverside, CA
    i havent seen a boat on there before and i dont think you can have one, so pretty much all bank fishing, well since july is almost over im sure we can plan on meetting in August, sounds like a plan, im actually going there tomarow night, ill post the results of my night in the other thread i posted in local calif reports, you can either pm me or write back on here and we could schedual a date, take care man

4. drews0311

drews0311 New Member

State:
    iowa
    i am sure that me and loanguy and possibly jaime would be down. have you been having any luck out there this year.

5. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    If i lived down there brothers, you know you could count me in. I fish atleast 2 times a week up here.

5 stars for the meet up!!!!!!

6. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Same here Robb. Last time we fished together was a blast just not long enough though.
    Mike, how about instead of Hesperia lake we meet up at Irvine? Just a thought though. Joe and I know some killer spots. WE can chip in and rent a pontoon for the day. Last gathering we had at Irvine was a big hit. We can also have a barbque.

Jaime

7. godsglad8tor

godsglad8tor New Member

State:
    Riverside, CA
    t

thanks for responding, glad that more people are interested:smile2:

thanks brother, its a bumber your so far away, you should come out anyway haha, im sure youll have your shot, we arent going anywhere, this is where we hold the fort for boc of calif:cool2: yeah yeah lol

would be cool but its just so expensive there, hesperia is 15 bucks gets you in the door with 2 poles for basically the whole night, bonus features is: the lake is about the size of prado or bigger, plenty of spots, flathead and sturgeon:roll_eyes:, they also stock this lake with good sized catfish the majority of the time, i just went friday night, some people there caught 3 15lb flathead:eek:oooh:, who is up for some bluegill fishing for that flathead bait, i didnt pick hesperia because im close, on the contrary, i live in riverside so its still and hour drive for me, i just figured since the cost was lower than most lakes locally that it would give everyone a break from the cost to actually fish, saves us some money for bait, gas and some gear or beer if thats your thing haha, anyways, i just got back from fishing quaill lake in valencia, caught 6, most of them under 3lbs, but there native so thats my first since i got back into catfishing, so im stocked, anyways time for bed, thanks guys

Mikey

8. big taz

big taz New Member

State:
    california
    You can count me in on an outing. Another option too could be corona. Corona has crappie, cats, sturgeon, bass, bluegills and tilapia. You can get a 24 hour pass and set up camp from 5pm to 4pm the next afternoon. I do this trip once or more a month with the wife and kids. they love it and so do I. anyways I am with either one.

CS

9. loanguybri

loanguybri New Member

State:
    California
    I'm with Janzaldo. Seems that Irvine would be a central locale for all socal guys. I live in Vista(north san diego county) and its about an hour and a half drive for me. I checked with the lake to see if there is a boat rental discount for night fishing, no chance. Also, I think that camping is allowed too. Just a thought. Need to be able to drive to the waters edge as my hard charging, devil-dog, cat-slaying buddy is a little gimp now. We would definitely make a point to attend.

10. whiskers77

whiskers77 New Member

State:
    Southern California
    A socal gathering is a great idea no matter where it is. All 3 lakes (Hesperia, Irvine, Corona) work well for me. Only problem I have is my current work schedule has me working on Friday and Saturday nights. I could do a Sunday night but I know that doesn't work for most people, I tend to get my trips in on Tuesday nights but usually end up fishing by myself. I'd love to be able to meet and fish with some of the other socal brothers, hopefully we can work something out.

11. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    not much into fishn pay lakes, but the vine is kool, ya won,t b c'n me at the ponds( corona and hesperia)

12. luv 2 catch kats

luv 2 catch kats New Member

State:
    ca
    What's up fellas,
    Let me toss my 2 cents in for a socal gathering. Anyone of those lakes would be cool for me(the vine. corona, or hesperia).I live in la so I'd be willing to drive to to any lake that works for everyone. It would be cool to meet up and fish with you brothas. In fact I might be going to the Vine tonite with my buddy. Went last friday nite and only managed to catch a few 3-4 lbs. The "Flats" were a parking lot last week. I caught these fish in a little deeper water on cut mack chunks. Sorry no pics, will bring my camera next time......Until then, I wish you all tight lines and screamin reels!!!! :cool2: