Calling All Hogs

Discussion in 'Hog Hunting' started by Katmandeux, Dec 15, 2006.

1. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    Can it be done? If so, how?

2. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    Here Piggie Piggie Maybe ?:tounge_out:

3. SNAGGED

SNAGGED New Member

State:
    Tahlequah Oklahoma
    Electronic calls are the way to go. Used a raccoon fighting tape to call in coons one night in a good area. I'll never call from the ground again. I imagine pigs will be the same way. Come in for a fight. Where do you hunt pig. I've heard their some in Camp Gruber. Haven't seen any though. Even around the lake, tenkiller.

4. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    I hunt the N. Canadian and Deep Fork bottoms...they're all over the place.

5. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Dave, we hunt hogs quite a bit down here in SW Oklahoma. We've never called a single pig in. My buddy bought a hog call & they've never showed any interest at all in his calls. We just use a "hear & stalk" method if we don't see them. Hogs are loud critters and it's very evident if they're in the area, becaues the sign is usually pretty incredible. They'll really tear the ground up if you're in the right spot. We'll usually just go to the general area where we've been seeing the sign and just park our rumps on a stump or hill & watch and listen. Hogs are loud & you can usually get pretty close to them (at least within rifle range) without them detecting you. Another thing we have started doing, because we hunt in pairs, we usually have one guy on a rifle and one guy on a shotgun loaded with 00 buck. I have a mossberg 835 and let me tell you, a 3 1/2 inch 00 buck shell will anchor a big pig in a hurry. I laid over a 250 pound (weighed) boar with a single shot last summer. I shot him and he literally went belly-up immediately. It was impressive. The first day that I had the shotgun, I killed 4 hogs with 5 shots. One pig had to be shot twice. 3" shells work also, but they don't have quite the incredible knock-down power as the 3 1/2" shells.

Good luck & kill them pigs!!!

Jerrod

6. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    AW man I thought you were talking about the RazzerBacks Soooooooooe here pig soooooooooooe here pig Gooooooooo Hogs:still_dreaming:

7. TX Catman

TX Catman New Member

State:
    Texas
    Get a preditor caller, My favorite is the dieing squirl! Just blow in the attracter. And for stopping hogs the is some kind of device that sounds like grunting that stops them right in their tracks. Hope you get some hogs.

8. south_va_fisherman

south_va_fisherman New Member

State:
    Muddy Cross, Virginia
    SOOOOEEEEYYY PIIIG PIIIG PIGGG. I think I saw a beginners set of hog calls at Bass Pro. I didnt even know they made them.