Calling all GMR Fishers, (Part 2)

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Salmonid, Apr 10, 2006.

1. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Ok folks, Im gonna try to set up a mini BOC outing for all the local GMR folks, nothing huge just hoping to get 15-20 of the folks who fish the Great Miami together so we can all meet one another.

Im looking in Mid June, ( tentative for June 17th) meeting at the West Carrolton area (South Dayton) will provide boat and shore fishing, and I was thinking of a Saturday schedule like 4-6PM meet and eat some grilled food, then maybe fish a Catch, Photo and release fun tourney from 6:00 pm till 2:00 am, at 2:00am, have a short small list of prizes and then either go back to fishing or go home.

I am also thinking a 5 dollar entry fee to cover some BOC prizes and anything leftover goes back to the BOC to support ISP, Bandwidth costs.

For the Meet and Eat part, I thought it would be fun if aneveryone would bring a bagged gift worth about 10 bucks, and we will draw numbers for those who participate and get someone elses gift, Kind of fun stuff. ( Hooks, sinkers, net, Frozen Bait, etc)

What I really need to know is who is interested in such an event so I can start to pull all the details together.

Nothing is set in Stone yet but just let me know by replying if your interested in attending.

Salmonid

2. Spencer_Blanton

Spencer_Blanton New Member

State:
    Franklin, Ohio
    Mark,

I'll keep an eye on this post for it to solidify. When it does, I'll be there.

Spencer

3. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    Sounds good, I say ill be driving by then so... YAY... btw heres a pic of spencers cat from Sat. the 8th. about 10-14 pounds. hope this works.
    hmm wont work yet.. need catfishcommando to edit it

4. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    I would try but I can't swear to it at this point. :)

5. DELLIS

DELLIS New Member

State:
    OHIO
    sounds good to me i would like us to try to make it a family affair and maybe do some prizes for the kids to help spark intrest for our future catters

6. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    im only 10 minutes from that area, count me in.

7. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Like I said I'd be more than happy to help out, may even bring thw wife, BUT ....... I won't be able to make it if I am down in Hocking County that weekend. No rest for the flatheads then. ;) So I'm about 50-50.

8. DELLIS

DELLIS New Member

State:
    OHIO
    any new ideas on if this and when it is happening

9. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Looks good that June 17 will be the date, mark your calendars
    Salmonid

10. DELLIS

DELLIS New Member

State:
    OHIO
    :0a24: :0a23: can't wait there will be 3 of just let me know what to bring
    and exactly where and what time boc will be meeting i don't know what we are all doing as far as food if anything but there is an iga in aurora in that is called tandy iga killer meat sales the firt 10 days of each month

11. shenbitt

shenbitt New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I was at Reitchler Forest park yesterday from about 1 to 530. Caught the smallest catfish I have ever seen and about a 3 pounder on worms. Baitfish were out there just tearing up my worms. But, it does close at dusk and is only 2$ to fish there during the day. Wasn't many people there while I was but, that can always change.

shenbitt

Edit: Oh and I am interesting in this outing

12. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
  13. liveforcattin08

liveforcattin08 New Member

State:
    ohio
    i live 10 minuets away and i fish that area alot, ill definitely be there with two other friends, it should be awsome! does anyone fish from a boat for cats in the west carrolton area, like from the boat ramp upstream? just wondering if the flathead fishing is any good up that way? ive always fished downstream, always looking for new areas!

14. catfishparody

catfishparody New Member

State:
    ohio
  15. MattTheFlatCatKid

MattTheFlatCatKid Active Member

State:
    Ohio
    Name:
    Matthew Moore
  16. Silverwmark

Silverwmark New Member

State:
    Ohio
  17. 234rick

234rick Member

State:
    IL
    Name:
    Rick
    You guys need to check the dates on this thread.

18. MattTheFlatCatKid

MattTheFlatCatKid Active Member

State:
    Ohio
    Name:
    Matthew Moore