Calling all Experts!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by Mizzbigcat, Mar 30, 2008.

1. Mizzbigcat

Mizzbigcat New Member

State:
    Warren County Ohio
    I came across something interesting today while browsing around the BOC, something I've never heard of before and wondering what you know about it.

It's Balloon Rigging

Jeff said he'd seen it a time or two, but didn't know exactly how it was done, nor did he know if it was legal here in Ohio.

I got a brief description of it on the Oklahoma thread, but I'd still love to know more, so I'm turning to the experts- my brothers and sisters of the BOC.

Any information you can contribute would be greatly apreciated.

*Thanks, Ya'll Rock!*

:0a23:

Attached Files:

2. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Angie, I posted something like this a while back, if its a the same thing. When Crappie fishin and ya get the first one take a small hook and put the correct amount of leader on depending on water depth and attach a balloon and watch that little crappie find his friends. :cool2:

3. Mizzbigcat

Mizzbigcat New Member

State:
    Warren County Ohio
    That helps out some.

I would love to see it done, I may look for some videos or images to help me grasp it a bit better.

Tkishkape lost me when he started talking about Life Savers.

:confused2:

4. ohio hilljack

ohio hilljack New Member

State:
    ohio
    I BELIEVE THE WAY HE IS FASTENING THE LIFESAVER IS A CATS PAW KNOT WHICH DISAPEARS WHEN THE CANDY MELTS

5. BigCatJake

BigCatJake New Member

State:
    Bellville,Ohio
    Hey Angie, people that fish the Norwalk resevoir use the balloon technique. It is the same as a slip bobber rig, or they tye it straight to the main line at a certain depth. It allows the bait to drift a larger area of water, during a light wind. I hopes this helps some.

6. BigCatJake

BigCatJake New Member

State:
    Bellville,Ohio
    Also when using a large bait, the balloon depending how much air will suspend the bait.

7. ranman92

ranman92 New Member

State:
    OHIO
    you fish at the norwalk reservoir you are the first person that I've seen mention it on the BOC. I'm from Norwalk and fish the NEOCATS circuit, and I tell anyone who will listen what a great place our reservoir is for cats. If you are heade up this way send me a post and we could meet you out there or something.