Calling All Eastern PA Flathead Catfish Hunters!

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by ste6168, Jun 2, 2009.

1. ste6168

ste6168 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Hey you guys from the Eastern part of the state, I have a question/favor from you all. I have a second interview at a school district down in Annapolis, MD on Friday. After the interview I am going to drive up to the Philly area and do some whisker hunting for the night. I have a friend from college I will be staying with that lives right by the Norristown dam. Could any of you give me some, or one, decent spot to hit for the night? My friend doesn't fish often, and I live 5 hours away so you really don't have to worry about anyone stealing your spots, I am just looking to get into a few fish that night. Another thing, if any of you guys would be interested in meeting up with the two of us and doing some fishing for the night, that would be great to...

So, Kenlaw, Blacky, Lendog, Northportroller, and whoever else i'm forgetting, fill me in on a spot or two. Feel free to PM if you don't want to give any spots away! Thanks brothers, I hope you'll come through!

2. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    PM me and we will exchange phone numbers.

But just in case, the Norristown Dam HOLDS flatheads! I have caught them there myself!:cool2: They just built a new fish ladder there which make more man-made structure and current breaks for them yellers. :wink: You can pretty much park and fish on both sides of the dam. I caught most of my fish down there in the boils of the dam:crazy:.

Don't worry about the spot burning issue, I don't forsee you driving 5 hours out here just to fish for flatheads on a regular basis.

3. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    I can get you a job with the Philly School District anytime!

Then you will have the Schuylkill right there and become a bona-fide Eastsider!:cool2::wink::smile2:

4. Jeeze, Tan, Lenny, Kenny, now this guy and his buddy, you guys are all creeping into my little piece of the Skuke!:eek:oooh: KNOCK IT OF!!!!!!!!!:angry: Hahahahaha.......:smile2::smile2::smile2: You guys can pluck Sunnies out of Stony Creek under the Main St. bridge near 202 on your way to the dam.:wink:

5. ste6168

ste6168 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    hahah. Thanks for all the responses. Ive gotten the PM's too. As long as the weather holds up, I think it should be a pretty productive night, might even outfish the Allegheny :eek:oooh:. Thanks for the tips guys, I appreciate it and would do the same for you! :wink::big_smile:

6. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P

Don't worry, John! I never fish the suburbs! Actually never venture past FlatRock Dam!

But yes, if you don't have bait, you can baitfish Stoney Creek in Norristown. They have big chubbs in there and maybe them 15lb trout they stock in there.

7. ste6168

ste6168 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    bahahahah. my fix may be a LITTLE bit closer :wink:

8. Bigfish4me

Bigfish4me New Member

State:
    Conshy Pa
    If you really want to get on them good below the norristown dam.....dont be afraid to get wet:wink: had a few real good outings on the few occasions i was not out on the boat....the bridge embutments have some rocky areas and islands around them that are an easy wade as long as the river is running at normal pool.....if you park on the norristown side of the river dont leave anything valuable out in the open in your car....just a heads up.

9. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    In fact, have your friend drive! It would suck to drive 5 hours home with a broken window! Shawn is right, "NO-Town" is not a place for the faint of heart! You would be much safer in Philly!

10. Bigfish4me

Bigfish4me New Member

State:
    Conshy Pa

You can say that again.....just park on the bridgeport side and you will be much better off.....and bring lotsa of lead because your going to donate your fair share of it....but thats the price you have to pay sometimes to put the bait where the fish are.....up tight to the dam.

11. Wouldn't loose as much if ya get a boat in front of that dam, like you and me in my boat Shawn.:wink: Just got to drag her up a few riffles and pools.:confused2: I seen a boat up there last summer right there dude.:eek:oooh: We can be jigging for Flatties!:tounge_out:

12. Bigfish4me

Bigfish4me New Member

State:
    Conshy Pa

If we put in down there ....i will take you to the promise land:wink:

13. Ahhhh, the promised land.:roll_eyes: Big fish and umbrella drinks.:wink:

14. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    how about girls in bikini's :smile2:

15. I just wanted to see who would chime in on that one. I figured it would be you or Shawn, haha.:wink: That's my way to get the group discussion moving.:smile2:

16. ste6168

ste6168 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Alright well. I am coming out for sure to do some fishin on friday night. If someone can provide the fish, unbrella drinks, and girls in bikinis, I would be greatly appreciative. Hopefully I can get into some fish Friday night, maybe even bump into another BOC brother!

17. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    good luck, i see that the river levels are on the rise, pack some extra sinkers:wink:

18. I think the river should hold or start dropping as long as it doesn't downpour too hard tomorrow. The ground is doing a good job so far of soaking it up. I just checked and the Perkie is dropping, and the Skuke at Norristown, I just dont' like the drop reading at Pottstown right now. Looks like its leveling off above normal pool.

19. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    Friday: Quite cool with rain, heavy at times...minor flooding possible. High: 60 Low: 50

20. Dmcsa1201

Dmcsa1201 New Member

State:
    Shaler/Pit
    Ill also be heading out your way with mike tomorrow, he's my fishing partner in crime. lol..send me a pm if you guys wanna hook up and do some fishing. ill be able to check these things while im on the road or in you area..