Callin out H20 Mellon - I need flathed baits.

Discussion in 'Homemade baits' started by flathunter, Jan 7, 2006.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Mellon needs to share some of his hommade flathead baits with eveybody :D

2. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    What, Huh? Mellon made some good flathead bait.....but I thought Mellon never got any bites or caught any fish...LOL :D Whats the secret recipe mellon?...LOL :D

3. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    I thought Mellon ate everything he makes:D ..... You mean he fishes with it too ?

4. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I will give ya a hint..We all know flatheads prefer live fish, or fresh cut fish..Well ole Mellon has tried hotdogs, and some kinda chicken anise flavored baits, and alot more..I did not have the heart at the time to tell him they would not work :D Now mind you, this was when he first started flathead fishing, and I did not have the time to give him any lessons beforhand...Now 3 years latter he thinks he knows more than me :cursing:

5. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    eh, y'know how rookies are lol. ever tried canned mackeral tied in a pantyhose ball?

6. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    come on bryan lets hear about all of these wonder flathead baits

7. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Gee..... Here Goes:

I had been hearing about the world famous "Flathunter" & all these pics of big huge Flatheads that he catches. Well he invited me to go fishing. I did the 1st time out we got skunked. The second time, we planned a weekend of it. I was staying at my cabin about 40 min away. I searched the internet for baits. I found a big add on EBay saying "Secret Bait For HUGE Cats". It was like $5.00. I paid for it, the guy emailed it to me. It said, Go Buy Some Chicken Breasts, then soak them in ainse oil. Yes thats it. :know-big: It did say to find true ainse oil, not just the cooking stuff. I went to Wallgreens, CVS, & the Krogers pharmacy. The 1st two said they didnt have any, told me to go to Krogers. There were some young people working there. I said, Can I have some Anus Oil? Yes read it again.... anus oil. Jack told me it was pronounced A-N-U-S. :frk-big: Well I got laughed at. I also got ticked off. :conc-big: Then my dad told me it was ainse oil, not A-N-U-S oil. Long story short, I settled for the cooking variaty anyway. We were inside out cabin my dad made this pot of water, put the ainse oil in some water then the chicken in the water as the instructions said. I left them soak in there all day/night. Our cabin smelled like black licorish. It was funny. We went fishing the next day. & the result........ I caught two 15# Flatheads. Jack..... got skunked.

So it did work. Later Jack tried to buy some of the bait from me. Being the good friend that I am , I gave it to him. I couldnt take his money. Jack has begged me to make some more of this for two years now. I guess I'm going to have to finally cave in & make some.

Watch out Trophy Flatheads...... here I come!

8. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Bryan that is the biggest lie you have ever told! You never caught anything on that bait!..

9. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    sometimes that anise can be a daysaver, sometimes they hate it (channels). i keep a bottle in my bag. anise OIL is best, the EXTRACT is ok. thought you were goin fishin today mellon?

10. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Man thats funny, I bet those store people were thinking hmmmmm LOL.

11. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    dang sure getting deep in here it reeks like anise (a-n-u-s) oil in here

12. MadKater

MadKater New Member

State:
    Evansville,IN
    wow! man o man the rivers need to warm up so you boys can catch some flats.cabin fever settin in huh jack lol ;)....hey mellon send me 5 bucks and ill email ya a great flathead recipe.lmao :rolleyes: lol

13. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Hang in there Mellon...actually my neighbor did catch a 20lb flat on hotdog and my fishin bud has caught cats up to about 40lbs on your favorate rods..so maybe your a pioneer in a new direction of catting..GO MELLON!..never hurts to experiment, I am sure we all have at some point. I can remember when die hard catters stayed home in the winter, cattin for Blues is great in the winter..just have to dress accordingly.

14. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Dont Beleive Jack.

NEVER TRUST A GUY THAT WEARS A DRESS SHIRT TO GO CATFISHING!-see pic :0a37:

15. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    LOL..you guys crack me up! I love reading all of this, however, tomorrow I am outa here fishin. :p

16. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Yes I plan on hitting the river for aprox 2 hours in the morning.

17. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    you guys are a riot. can't wait to get together with ya and catch some fish

18. kaleigh

kaleigh New Member

State:
    Lehigh Valley Pa
    Maybe ANUS oil would work for Hemmoroids!!!!!!!!!