Callcutta 700

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by warcraft1975, Aug 3, 2007.

1. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

a friend of mine owes me money and offered this type of reel as payment its the older model with the wood handle ( i really like it) it works like it was new. i was wondering if anyone owns one and how they like it? how does it cast? will it reach out and touch where you want it to go?hows the drag?can it take the punishment of fast water and big fish in a river system?

2. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

3. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    man if u dont like that i will trade u a new abu 7000 for it.
    I love those reels

4. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

how well do they cast?how far you get them to cast?how heavy of mono can i put on it?

5. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

6. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Ive got a 400 that has 30lb on it. It seems put together better than my 6500's and it casts great. Im guessing you could put more than 30 on your 700, maybe 35-40? At least.

7. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

do you guys feel it would make a good river reel? by the way i went ahead a took it for payment i think its a sweet looking reel at the least

8. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    it is a nice looking reel that id use at the river

9. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Those are very fine reels and are great for big catfish, I use abu's but I would like to have a calcutta some day.

10. beakus

beakus New Member

State:
    derby kansas
    i have one i got in a trade last year,man it's one of the best reels i have.i'll pick it up before my penn international 965,i put it on a tiger rod and its a deadly combo,for big fish.youll love the reel there so smoooooooooooooth!if you wanna trade for something let me know i'll take it off your hands!