California Free Fishing Days!

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by Deltalover, Jun 4, 2006.

1. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    Do you have a friend that maybe, would fish once and awhile, but springing forty bucks for a license is not practical! Well, in Calif. for the year 2006, you can fish ocean and freshwater without a license, June 10 and Sept 23. This might be a perfect time to introduce a potential new member (friend, mate, co-worker, ect.)to the joy's of catfishing! If your not from Calif, there are probaly free fishing days in your state also!
    Truth is stranger than fishin'. Jimmy Buffett

2. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    That is very true. I personally know 3-4 folks that always say, " wish I could go fish".... Lets call it "NO EXCUSE DAY"! LOL:big_smile:

3. Even though i may not be catfishing I will be at Huntington Beach with my pole on Tuesday testing out the waters just to see what I can catch. I dont even care what I get I just want to get back to fishing since I left the Nebraska waters 4 weeks ago.

4. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    Wish you the best of luck! Fishin is fishin!:smile2:

5. AllenM

AllenM Guest

I'm really looking forward to the 1oth, myself, as I've gotten my wife to promise she'll go fishing with me. Got her out to the lake last night to BBQ at one of the day use areas. Caught about 4 bluegills and a small bass, but we were only there for about 2 and a half hours. she had a real nice time and thanked me for dragging her out there. The only downsides were 1: that the clan from this apartment complex that we try so hard to avoid decided to go to the same dang place at the same dang time, and 2: the rattlers are BAD out there right now. Some kids caught another one not 50 yards from where my oldest boy and I were fishing. I'm starting to give serious thought to going out on a rattler hunt to thin the population and make some nice hat bands! Sure ain't no shortage of 'em out there right now! :crazy: Still hoping to find a small King snake for a pet too.