California Catfishing

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by Shrimp Man, Jan 14, 2008.

1. Shrimp Man

Shrimp Man New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    BOC Brothers,
    I was curious about the Cat fishing in California, I started reading a few of your threads, I read the thread Pineflat report by daystarchis, Brothers the pictures attached got my attention, I don't know if this is a lake or river. One thing for sure what a beautiful setting for fishing. If all of your landscapes are this beautiful you guy's have got it made.
    daystarchis, Thank You, I really enjoyed it.

2. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Welcome to California Lake fishing....Mr. Shrimp Man..... Pine Flat is a dam that was formed many years back to help contain water for irrigation for "Central Valley" and the San Joaquin Valley. There were many law suits, and "shootings" created by the dam..... The Kings river use to have Salmon running in it before the dam was created, and it is typical of waters that run out of the Sierra mtns, before it gets to the boring flat lands and rolling hills. Its water flows south west and then joins with the San Joaquin River and then turns and flows North west and eventually meets up with the Sacramento River before going into the Pacific Ocean....

Thanks for your post...Bayrunner Ray

3. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Pine flat is a beautiful lake. It is 20-30 min East of Fresno. Record spot was caught there. Thanks Eddie for the nice responce.

4. Shrimp Man

Shrimp Man New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Gentlemen,
    Thank You for the history and directions of your beautiful lake, Maybe in the future I can take a long Vacation and visit Piney Flat. If I didnt fish that would be OK, Just to set in the boat and enjoy your view would be fine with me.