California Catfish Current Events

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by janzaldo, Jan 20, 2006.

1. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Hey guys just read an article in Wstern Outdoors News that San Vicente Resevoiur is scheduled to be closed for an estimated 5 years starting in 2008. The San Diego County water authority is beginning several major construction projects near the San Vicente Dam that will protect the region from water shortages.

Jaime

2. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX
    That is going to suck for some of the Blue cat fisherman out there. That is a pretty popular lake.

Loks like Irvine is going to get more business.

3. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    You hit the nail right on the head Brian.

JaIK

4. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    jAIK???? WHAT THE HECK WAS i THINKING!

5. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    yes they are going to close it. I do not know the full details but supposively they are also suppose to shock the lake and remove the fish from the lake from what i have heard and place them in local lakes. I do not know how that is going to happen with all the fish in there. Hopefully that is not the case and they can do the job without that. when i get info i will post what i hear if it is credible. The water level is going to be increased significantly when it reopens. have to find new fishing areas as well when it reopens as all the old holes will be under water. the lake may reopen before 2013 depending on water needs and how the development is going.

6. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    Is that a lake you guys fish at alot?

7. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Yes I fish there quite a few times mostly in the winter and early spring. Will have to start scouting out other lakes in that area soon to cover that time frame to get into some decent cat action.

8. muskyman

muskyman Active Member

State:
    Loudon TN
    Name:
    David
    No big deal, there are a few more untapped cat holes, but they are not quite as big as san v fish are.

9. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    I agree. They seem to overgrow at San V compared to others.

10. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    What's Up B.H.?

How have you been buddy?

If anyone can find Some big cats in the So. Cal Area - You Can. (LOL:happy: )

Take It Easy,
    Bert:cool:
    (Shania)

11. fshnutz

fshnutz New Member

State:
    Sacramento California
    whats up fellas,
    How in the world would they bring all those fish up? wouldn't that kill a lot of them? Maybe they could gather all the fish up and contain them in a smaller part of the lake..........who knows.
    Linz

12. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    :eek:
    Hey! What's Upppppp? :thumbsup:

What's going on Dude?

Bert:cool:
    (Shaina)

13. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Hey whats cracking Bert? Been laying low lately.

Linz thats is a good questions as it is a huge lake. I do not really take stock in them shocking the whole lake. Theres got to be a way to add water while they are building the dam without doing that i would think. They are suppossively adding 100 feet of water to it to build the taller dam.

14. bluecatnut

bluecatnut New Member

State:
    freeburg illinois
    brian don't count out lake jennings i caught 1 over 70 when i was stationed at miramar and i am thinking about coming out thier to vist the outlaws again:evil-big: :grin-big: :grin-big: :evil-big: and maybe we can hang a few hawgs i bring skip jack

15. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    I understand once the project is completed, it will be easier to trailer in your boat. Imagine how big the fish will get in five years.
    It will be intresting to see what will work better mackeral or skipjack.

Jaime

16. bluecatnut

bluecatnut New Member

State:
    freeburg illinois
    jamie when i was stationed out thier i found out fresh mackeral worked a hell of a lot better than frozen and out here the skip jack work well either way fresh or frozen .

17. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Lake Jennings does have the big blues as well. I have never fished there, but will fish it soon to geta feel for it. I know of a guy that has pulled out a few 60's there and also has the lake record.

If you come out this way, I will fish with ya if I have the time to roll. Skip Jack is the best. I also love to use bonita. Fresh mac is really good. Hey Jaime remember the fresh mac you brought one time at Irvine? I got a thirty on it the second night.

18. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    You can't beat fresh mackeral. Let us know when you make it out this way Dusty; will hook some catfish.
    I remeber that day Brian, it was when I first met you, we were out by the Dam. Man, picked the wrong day to go fishing.

Jaime

19. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Hello every body, hope all is well. Well, made it back to South Gate OK after returning from the National Gathering in the beutiful state of Kentucky.
    Any body intrested in fishing Irvine this Saturday evening? I brought back some Kat Bobbers and glow sticks; sure would like to try them out. Feel free to call me, my cell # is 323 326-3893.

Jaime

20. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    So how was the trip and the fishing any storys to tell Jaime?