Caldwell Lead Sled???

Discussion in 'Hunting Gear Talk' started by DCcatfisher, Jan 1, 2008.

1. DCcatfisher

DCcatfisher New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I have been looking around at some shooting rest and have pretty much decided on the Caldwell Lead Sled. Has any one used these before, if so how do you like them. I want something to help absorb some of the recoil from my 7mm Rem Mag and something to help hold the gun during the cleaning process.

2. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    I have used one. And it would be hard to beat. Even a 300 does not have a bite to it with the Lead sled.
    pete

3. DCcatfisher

DCcatfisher New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Did you weight the one you used down with anything or use it without weights?

4. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    The lead sled, in my opinion, is worth it's weight in gold. I've got 100lbs of lead shot on mine, and I can shoot my .300 all day long, and I don't feel a thing at the end of the day. I also can now shoot groups tighter than I have ever shot before, because you eliminate the "flinch" factor. :wink:

5. DCcatfisher

DCcatfisher New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Thanks for the info I was going to go to Bass Pro Shops today and pick one up with some gift cards I got for Christmas but I don't think I am going to have time, I gotta get some sleep before I have to go back to work tonight.