calaveras sunday

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by willcat, Feb 11, 2008.

1. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    Well I could'nt get out Sat so me & my stepson went yesterday & were having a good day!!! Then it happened, we were fishing the railroad bridge and having a good time. We had just cooked up some pork chops & sausage, finished eating then started fishing again. Well i had 10 good size eaters on the stringer. I like to keep my fish on a stringer over the side of the boat, well I used to!!! See what I'm getting at???? Well I had just caught #11, and was adding him to the stringer. I put him on and he was sliding down the stringer, then all of a sudden all the others decided to pull @ the same time and pulled the freakin stringer right out of my hand:crazy::crazy: Man I tried to hook it with the anchor & snag it with my line but to no avail, they're gone for good...:embarassed::embarassed: So I went to the cove & cuaght some more then went home to sulk!!! But all in all a good day for fishing....

2. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    Hey Willcat,

If you can provide the serial number for the stringer, I may have caught it, it was wrapped around a 30# blue that had some little channels strung on it.

Just funnin, I've also been known to have a stringer hanging over the side and roar off across the lake, only to discover that I ain't got nuthin but a rope left.

3. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    THAT REALLY SUCKS !!!!!!!! :sad2::confused2::angry:

4. nuts1968

nuts1968 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Couldn't help but laugh!! Sorry. I think we have all had something like that happen. Actually a pretty funny story I will share. Me and a buddy were fishing up at lake texoma in about 20 feet of water. Well we anchored up and he only had one pole fastened to the boat. You know what happened next. Over and into the water the pole goes when he gets a huge bite. Well he's really mad. So he gets another pole and puts on a snagging hook and starts dragging the bottom. About an hour later up comes the pole with catfish attached. It was truly amazing.

5. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    yeah it sucked alright, i think i will be using an ice chest from now on!!!!

6. el-de-saspamco

el-de-saspamco New Member

State:
    Saspamco,Texas
    I loaned a buddy my stringer 'cause he forgot his, caught a couple of 2#ers and a striper and claims the fish weren't on it when he was leaving, it was one of those with the big terminal looking things on it (you know a cheapie frm wally world) might be why we haven't fished in awhile huh? but then he shouldn't have forgotten his gear, right?

Enjoy!

Rubes

7. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    Hey, dominoman, if it had a fish over 10lbs I would've been swimming after it!!!!!lol:smile2:

8. stikshooter

stikshooter New Member

State:
    Floresville tx
    That is one reason I use the ice chest.That does suck.