Calaveras Saturday

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by dominoman, Apr 5, 2008.

1. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    Made a run to Calaveras Saturday morning. Only ended up with 4 fish total, but one just happened to be my PB on rod and reel. 12-6 Blue, 27 1/2" long. Took a chunk of cut buffalo at the entrance to the 181 cove.

Attached Files:

2. el-de-saspamco

el-de-saspamco New Member

State:
    Saspamco,Texas
    Way to go! thats a great catch!

Rubes

3. i got'em

i got'em New Member

State:
    tx
    looks like you had a great time

4. rickr

rickr New Member

State:
    Schertz Texas
    Great fish Dominoman. I believe I saw you sitting out there. I paddled by in a Green Kayak. Morning was a bit windy but I managed to catch one about every 10 minutes up under the trees. No big ones , mostly 14-26". The wind died around noon and so the the bite. Only caught 5 all afternoon. Great day on the water though.

:big_smile:

Rick

5. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    got out there bout noon & on the water bout 1pm, caught bout 8 small ones.It was pretty hot, saw Cliff's truck in the lot so I know he had some clients but havent heard from him yet, stayed till 7pm but the bite was still slow!!! Great catch there dominoman, that's a nice blue!!!

6. gonzo1

gonzo1 New Member

State:
    texas
    great fish! Being on the water @ beatiful Cali is fun enough, not to metion something that nice tugging on your line!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    There was not much doubt that something was on the line when that blue hit, bent that kat stick pretty good.