Calaveras Report 10-16

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by hillcountryfishin, Oct 17, 2007.

1. hillcountryfishin

hillcountryfishin New Member

State:
    tx
    Well after a month of fishing Braunig instead of Calaveras, it was nice. The water temp is back in whack , or enough to where I feel comfortbale taking guests out there and being successfull.
    Fished with Johnny and Carlos this evening from New braunfels Tx.
    East wind 10 mph,water temp was 83-85 and fished from 7pm-11pm, ending with 50 fish limit. Fished 1-3 ft of water.
    Tried some old early spring time spots where the water temp was similar then and found good numbers of fish at everyone of them. Good night and fishin' and catching. Had a good time, can't wait to get back out later this week.
    Tight Lines!
    Cliff

JohnnyCarlos50.jpg

2. bobby-catfishing

bobby-catfishing New Member

State:
    Highland Villag
    So much for that saying "Wind out of the East the fish bite least." Great job Cliff. Looking forward to meeting with you on Saturday as well.

3. hillcountryfishin

State:
    tx
    Booby , same here. You know that's exactly what I was thinking when we launched. :tounge_out:
    But we had a really foggy overcast evening and it was just too good of conditions, love some chop on the water

4. hillcountryfishin

State:
    tx
    Fished Richard Dustson last night. Little ones everywhere, both sides of the lake. Caught a gillion 13 inch fish. FInally found some better fish around 10pm . Fished from 7 -11pm. Fishing punchbait anywhere from 1-6ft. ended with 24 channels ,1 blue.
    Not hardly a soul out on the water last night. Had it all to our lonesome.
    Rich25fish.jpg

5. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    thanks for the reports buddy, still trying to find a day to book w/you---someday soon---good fishin

6. hillcountryfishin

State:
    tx
    10/18
    LT. Chuck Dewey and SGT.Eric Styles fished this evening with me on calaveras. Found the fish to be cooperative right from the get go. Had a great time watching Eric and Chuck work em' in the boat. Ended the night with a 50 fish limit, fishing 1-3 ft of water, despite that north wind. Fishing has been good all week and should continue as the water temps keep getting lower

EricChuck50OCT.jpg

7. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    good to hear that report, i plan on going out sat & sun!!!!

8. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    hey cliff, are those bigguns i ur avatar from calaveras????just wonderin

9. hillcountryfishin

State:
    tx
    Will, they are from calaveras. Usually november-dec is when I can find them shallow. (hardheaded I know)
    I like NOV the best, but we need some cold fronts to come in soon. Hopefully , next week or two.
    Usually I'll use shad in the AM targeting some bigger fish then head out with some danny king's and fish birds or wind blown banks.
    I really wanna crack a 20 out there this year. difficult thing is most people want consistent action and I can't blame them. It takes some patience,luck and presentation for the bigger guys.
    Cally has a great CC population and tons of 1-5 pd fish but the bigger guys aren't nearly as abundant. You and James have gotten some really nice fish over the years.
    I'm gonna try hard at it this winter. I know theyre there, just gotta get some TOW ,time on water chasing them bigger fish.
    good luck this weekend! Should be good fishin'!

10. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    yeah i know can't complain when the customers want action that's what they get, & u of all know how to give them what they want. Just gotta try & get some time on the water for urself so u can hunt them bigger boys!!! But bills come first, so keep them customers happy & u'll get ur time alone one day!!!