Calaveras Lake Report

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by hillcountryfishin, Oct 28, 2007.

1. hillcountryfishin

hillcountryfishin New Member

State:
    tx
    Thur 10/25
    Fished Ryan Delargo and parents (camera shy ) this evening. Fishing & catching was good. Had 45 in the box on the first stop. Alot of fun. Ended the night with 67 before we they decided they had enough for a fry sunday. Always fun putting youngster's on thier first cat.

Ryan67.jpg

10/27
    From hero to zero. Fished with Jack,Ernie,Alex and Todd of San Antonio yesterday as gift from their boss and fought a strong north wind all dang day. Fish were scattered all over. Fished deep, shallow, humps and a couple of holes. Nothing really working with the high pressure and north winds.Would pick up one or two here or bunch throw backs here and there, no consistency. Fished our tails off for better part of 6 hrs before calling it a day with 25 fish in the box. Rough day but their jokes made up for it and had a blast laughing about the conditions and them ribbing each other.

JackAlexToddErnie.jpg
    Mixed report....Hopefully this north wind will lay a bit and things can get back in order. Would be nice to see somewater pumped in too but I'll settle for less than 20 mph north winds
    tight lines
    Cliff

2. bobby-catfishing

bobby-catfishing New Member

State:
    Highland Villag
    Good report Cliff. The smile on that young fellow's face says it all.

3. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    that wind was something else, fished there sun night w/that wind it was strong, caught 8 nice channels in the cove between 9 & 12pm from 3 to 5 lbs.. hope it gets better this weekend

4. hillcountryfishin

State:
    tx
    Fished with Tom dewey on friday evening.Fishing was bit slow then it turned on in a serious way. We were hammering fish just about every cast right before sundown. Ended the night with 24 channels and 1 blue.
    Tommie with 1 of his 25
    Tom5lber2.jpg
    Sunday J.E. and Greg of Lake Charles,LA did some casting before heading south to do some blasting on on S.Tx bucks. We fished a hard morning fishing from 7am -11am. Had 32 fish for our efforts, lot's of good eating but no size like friday. I blame it on the blue bird skies.Fish were pretty scattered caught a bunch around 12 ft deep sunday and a bunch in 1-3 ft friday then mid morning , found some stacked up shallow again.....Headed out this evening to try it out again.
    Greg&J.E..jpg
    Quick 50"
    Carlos & Johnny from New Braunfels fished with me last night. Last minute trip, got a late start right at 7pm, off the water by 9pm. Fish were going crazy. Nice Calm night on the water,good times. Was home in time to watch the late show..lol
    johnnycarlos50.jpg

5. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    that's good fishing brother, way to go!!

6. hillcountryfishin

State:
    tx
    Thanks Will, fishin' had been slow lately but I believe this front will have them back in order again. I got two weeks till I head up north (WI) to do some huntin' myself. Can't wait

7. dab_602000

dab_602000 New Member

State:
    Ft. Worth Texas
    Thanks for the exciting story on the lake. I know the wind makes it hard some time but as long as thet are biting the wind does't seem to matter. Great pictures to.:wink:

8. hillcountryfishin

State:
    tx
    9 NOV & 10 NOV
    Friday evening fished with Rich,Gabe & Ronnie of SA, Tx. Fished from 7-10:30 and they had enough (all had to work in the morning..LOL) Ended the night with 60 fish and laughed my tail off for most of the evening...the guys really kept me on "my toes". Just alot of fun and cool night breeze..lol

GabeRichRon.jpg

Saturday morning. Fished with repeat guest James and longtime friend Ken. Started out around 730-800 and left around 1200. Ended the mornning with 50 fish limit and left them biting...ideal morning..foggy, cool and slight chop on the water. First stop we had 30 fish in the boat then the wind really really kicked up to upper 20's. Moved to another area and fish were stacked up on a point and finished out there.
    alot of fun this week and fishing is getting better and better.
    All fish on danny kings fishing in about 4 ft of water

jamesken.jpg