Calaveras Lake - new to boc

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by gonzo1, Nov 16, 2007.

1. gonzo1

gonzo1 New Member

State:
    texas
    does anyone fish calaveras lake?....if so, what are the hot spots!:eek:oooh:

2. Flintman

Flintman New Member

State:
    OKC, OKLA.
    Hi Frank, I dont fish there but it wont be long till you find someone on here that does.

I just want to welcome you to the best catfish info site on the planet..ENJOY

3. gonzo1

gonzo1 New Member

State:
    texas
    Thank you...it does seem to be a very helpful sight for what I have seen today!!!!!!!!!

4. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Welcome to the BOC, Frank!

5. hillcountryfishin

hillcountryfishin New Member

State:
    tx
    Frank, both braunig and calaveras are good catfishin' lakes.
    Some basic but always good areas are the 181 cove, the bridge and the powerlines, as well as the dishcarge cable. (calaveras)
    I use danny kings punchbait and do well. I like to use it under a float but lots of times will use it on bottom (carolina rigged w/ a small float on the leader) do a search on here for Danny kings and there should be plenty of inof on how to rig it.
    I use a small float, #6 treble and a split shot...simple as can be.
    The coves are generally good and the bridge always has some fish under it. Just tie up to one of the pylons and fish vertical.
    Hope this helps and good luck
    Cliff Hill

6. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    welcome frank, i think cliff has covered it pretty much!!!

7. pog2

pog2 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Welcome to the BOC Frank !! This is one place that you can learn alot if you just ask.:cool2:

8. Pirate Jerry

Pirate Jerry New Member

State:
    Yulee Florida
    Welcome from NE Florida

9. el-de-saspamco

el-de-saspamco New Member

State:
    Saspamco,Texas
    Welcome to the B.O.C Frank,
    I've been here for a few months and have learned quite a bit. Cliff (Hillcountryfishin) always offers some good advice. I like to fish both lakes although I've caught more fish at Braunig but when all the park is open at Calaveras it offers more places to fish(bank fishing). I've caught 1 1/2 to 2 pounders from the bank at Cally and recently started fishing from a boat (can't wait to get a motor!!!) There's lots of info here so take your time and have some fun searching.

Ruben

10. gonzo1

gonzo1 New Member

State:
    texas
    :big_smile::big_smile:THANKS ALOT CLIFF WENT OUT SUN MORNING TRIED YOUR TECH. IN THE 181 COVE DID OK ON CHEESE BAIT. CUAGHT 4 1 LBS AND A 2 LB STRIPER!!