Calaveras Lake Mar-APR

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by hillcountryfishin, Apr 24, 2007.

1. hillcountryfishin

hillcountryfishin New Member

State:
    tx
    Fishing has been exceptional this past month. All fish we have been catching have been anywhere from 1 ft to 5 ft of water fishing Danny Kings Punchbait on a slip bobber.
    Here a few pics of some fish we've been catching. The spawn has just about played out down here but the sahd spwan is on so the kitties are still shallow stocking up on threadfins.
    fish ranging from 1 -5.5 pds good box fish
    Calaveras 5 009.jpg

72calaverasboc.jpg

75calaverasboc.jpg

2. hillcountryfishin

State:
    tx
    a few more pics fos some happy gents and one young man who loves cattin now for life. truly makes ya happy when they turn to the whiskerside .:big_smile:
    boccalaveras70.jpg

BillJustin 50.jpg

Callyboc.jpg

3. hillcountryfishin

State:
    tx
    alright..last post then I'm off to respool some reels, I swear.
    bocsandrawylie.jpg

Calaveras 4 033.jpg

boccally50.jpg

hope everyone is enjoying this great fishing and weather ..it should be great fishing for everyone!:smile2:

4. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Those are some nice looking cats ! keep the pics coming i like seeing them and dreaming about beeing able to catch numbers like that,a good day for me is usually 8 cats woweee huh ? You ever fished Cooper Lake or Pat mayes Lake in Northeast Texas?

5. rickr

rickr New Member

State:
    Schertz Texas
    Cliff,
    I have been following your posts here and on another board. I would have never thought of catching cats in 1 ft of water; but what the hay, I tried it fishing out of my Kayak. I could not believe the action. Using cut carp chuncks...30 to 50 cats per trip since early March. I just wanted to thank you for sharing. As an ex Bass Buster I am now a dye heart Kayak Kitty Chaser. :lol:

Again, Thanks,

Rick

6. bobby-catfishing

bobby-catfishing New Member

State:
    Highland Villag
    Cliff knows how to put some fish in the boat. Most people don't understand or believe it when you can catch them that shallow. Sometimes they are so shallow that they will tail walk on water when you set the hook or you'll see the cat's tail splash the surface when it noses down to pick the bait up off of the bottom. I'm looking forward to getting down and fishing with Cliff sometime soon.

7. hillcountryfishin

State:
    tx
    Drawout, stick with it and the numbers will come.
    Little advice and take it for what it's worth.
    Don't be afraid to try new things, PAY ATTENTION to what's happening around you (shad spawn, blue herron's on a shore line, etc)
    and spend as much time out on the water as you can, gathering data, record it, and reference it. It'll come in handy down the line when similar condtions rpesent them self.
    The number one thing I see most peope do is wait for the fish to come to them. If they ain't biting in 15-20 minutes, I pull up and find some hungry fish.
    Only time I'll stay put is if I'm yella cat fishing and I know it's a good spot.
    Course yella fishing is different al together.
    Hope this helps and stick with it, it'll work out:wink: and you'll be bringing in more than you can shake a stick at

8. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Thx for the tips Cliff. I will put them to good use.