Calaveras July

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by hillcountryfishin, Jul 12, 2007.

1. hillcountryfishin

hillcountryfishin New Member

State:
    tx
    Tonight was one of those nights.... flat tore them up like it was the spawn. Had our 50 in little over 2.5 hrs and they liked to work me to death .. I couldn't keep up with them with fish all over the floor & unhooking, punchin bait and the fish clicker..Lol. I wouldn't have it any other way. Honestly it was a perfect evening with a slight chop and cool breeze and fish biting. All channels and 1 blue tonight on Danny Kings Blood.
    thanks gents and as always I dunno who had more fun you or I.
    Good fishin in the evening. fish ranged from 1pd to 5.5
    TomChuck50July.jpg

2. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    nice cats there cliff, good fishin!!!My buddy James went out sat. night & couldn't catch a channel!!!!all blues btween 2 & 15 lbs can't wait to have a night like that!!!

3. bobby-catfishing

bobby-catfishing New Member

State:
    Highland Villag
    Great job Cliff! As always, you never fail to put them on some nice fish. And some really good sized ones to boot.

4. psg2628

psg2628 New Member

State:
    Austin, Texas
    I'll be there tomorrow night with the wife. Sure hope we have that kind of luck/skill...:big_smile::smile2::wink:

5. jsharper

jsharper New Member

State:
    TX
    Thanks for the report. I enjoyed your June posts and am glad to see July. Keep them coming. . I also thank you for the info on depth, location, and bait. Hats off to you.

Jim

6. GUNTZ

GUNTZ New Member

State:
    CLEBURNE texas
    GOOD LOOKING STRINGER CLIFF!

7. hillcountryfishin

State:
    tx
    Thanks Gents, I appreciate it. Last night was a bit different. We started off slow.....Then it heated up between 630-800. I had a blast watching Alex (young gun) work them kitties over. Ended up with 57 on the table for the venings effort. Fished from 500-900.
    Nothing new, my hard headed self..... and Danny Kings Blood fishing flooded grass.
    Forecast is calling for rain, bad as I hate to say it..I like it. It's holding the water temps down and has the fish biting good and keeping the air temps down, I can't complain.
    Will be out all weekend , weather provided. Any one out there , stop and say hello. Till then..tight lines friends!
    Pics

Kindgroup57july.jpg

8. hillcountryfishin

State:
    tx
    Sharper, that's what it's all about. Sharing what we all love to do, chasing kitties. I don't have all the answers or techinques but will share what I know. ( I could use a drift fishing 101 class someday:wink:) What fun is it if you keep it to your self? Ya know?

9. hillcountryfishin

State:
    tx
    I have no other words to describe this morning but AWESOME. it was phenomenal morning. These gents had 75 fish by 11am this morning with some C&R and culling, no kidding. Truly , one of the fastest and best mornings' I've had.
    Thanks gents and what a blast it was!
    pics here
    MickeyGlenAaron75fish.jpg

10. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    nice cats there buddy glad to see those reports & happy customers!!

11. hillcountryfishin

State:
    tx
    Part Deux July 14th...went home took a nap and met up for some night fishing. Wesley worked over fish left and right with his lighted bobber at night. Alot of fun to watch him & James get after em'.
    Fished from 830-1200 midnight ending with a 50 fish limit up to 4pds. Then proceeded to take 2 hrs to drive home in a heck of a rain/lightining storm. Did 15-20 mph all the way down I10 and FM 725 back to New Braunfels.
    All fish on Danny Kings fishing 5-6 ft.
    tightlines
    Pics below

JamesWesleyJuly50.jpg

Calaveras Summer07 070.jpg

12. hillcountryfishin

State:
    tx
    The rain subsided long enough for me to fish Aldo De La Garza (Texas A&M Football Stud & European NFL'er), brother Carlos & Johnny. Big boys on board tonight and my 6'3 frame felt inadequate..lol
    To the good stuff. Fished the evening bite and ended with 75 fish kept for the evening. I truly had a blast fishing these gents, they were an arm full. LOL. Aldo, said he was worn out which was hard for me to believe since he holds the Bench record at A&M. LOl.Seriously great time. Nothing new as far as a report.Danny Kings Blood fished under a bobber.

AldoJohnCarlos75.jpg

13. hillcountryfishin

State:
    tx
    Robert & Bob Robinson SA,Tx. Fished an evening trip and had a hard time till the sun went down. Lots of cloud cover and flodded grasslines but no takers.
    Still had a blast taling it up and listening to father son team give each other a hard time.
    Kept at it till we found em'.
    Ended around 930pm with 46 fish
    BobRobert46fishjuly21.jpg

14. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    glad to hear ur still putin them in the boat as usual!!!good fishing take care & keep up the good work

15. hillcountryfishin

State:
    tx
    Thanks Will- fishing is really good right now with all the freshwater.
    Need this rain to lay down long enough so a man can make a living out there:wink:. Guess it's a catch 22.
    We sure have been getting some rain and with more to come this weekend. Be careful. Hopin to get on the water either calaveras or braunig tonight with some guests. Hopefully mother nature will allow it.
    Tight lines will.
    Any braunig reports out there? Haven't fished it in a couple months, only one way to find out I suppose.lol
    THanks

16. hillcountryfishin

State:
    tx
    George, Julio,Jaimie fished the morning (Satruday) with me and we had a blast. Saturday was hot and windless for the most part making the fishing difficult at times but we ended up making it happen with 75 fish around 1pm. Lots of skillet sized fish this weekend(14-17inch). Perfect for the fryer!

Sunday- was another Excellent morning for fishin'. Light chop and overcast with fish biting like crazy.Fished the AM bite, ended up with 25 fish around 1000am, caught and relased for bit before the thinder showers came in. No big boys this am but lots of good eatin' and serious constant action.
    All fish on Danny Kings Blood in 5- 7ft
    Lake is up with all the rain and is looking good and keeping the water temps down-which helps alot this time of year.
    Pics below

GeorgeJaimeJulio75fish28july.jpg

Dr.Kopp25fishlimit.jpg

17. hillcountryfishin

State:
    tx
    FIshed an Instructional trip tonight, helping a fellow kitty chaser out on some new waters, Steven Gonzales of Canyon Lake Tx.
    THings started off slow even though we had perfect condtions (overcast and good chop on the water). Lotta dinks were burning us up. About 915pm the bite turned on and started catching the size we were after. Had a great time and really enhoy these types of trips alot, really fun to share what you love with others and pass it on.
    24 channels and a blue up to 5 pds.

SteveGonzaleslimit.jpg

18. Roy J Lorenz

Roy J Lorenz New Member

State:
    Texas
    hey guys glad to hear the fishin's been good out there at caly. havent been able to go much lately as ive been recovering from back surgery,but im headed out there in the morning. ive been reading your posts and you guys seem to have the lake patterned pretty well. i used to but seem to have lost the touch it's time to get it back any advice on where there hidin these days would be helpful! thanks in advance and i'll let you know how it goes. good fishin to all. bigjoe

19. hillcountryfishin

State:
    tx
    Joe, been tearing them up in the evenings fishing shallow near timber.
    Early morning -mid day fishing a bit deeper arounf 5-7ft on small holes or ledges leading up to a couple of shallow flats.
    THe deep holes straight out from the crappie wall have been producing a few fish , mostly blues in the 2-5 pd range but not many #'s . %4 or 5 fish . It's summer and they are getting kinda lazy on us(fish). Bring some chum to get em' fired up and ready to eat.
    Good Luck
    CLiff

20. Roy J Lorenz

Roy J Lorenz New Member

State:
    Texas
    thanks cliff! went out early last sun morning we did o k caught about 20 altogether only 6 worth keeping .by the way what do you suggest for chum,ive tried the chum you buy at academy but had no luck with it. thanks again bigjoe! p.s. tried a new bait i got off another website caught the bigger fish on it soak some peeled shrimp in vanilla overnight the channels seem to love it.