Calavaras Sunday

Discussion in 'TEXAS RIVERS TALK' started by Opelousasrob, Aug 12, 2008.

1. Opelousasrob

Opelousasrob New Member

State:
    Texas
    Fished Calavaras in the 100 degree sun. Caught some nice cats and a stray red on shrimp. No luck on cheese or worms. Could never stay on the lake from morning til late afternoon without the Bimini Top. I see some Redfish guides have 2 bimini tops...

Sure was nice to see an empty ramp when I pulled in as I think the boaters without a top got toasted early!

I was more confortable using my 18Ft commercial Jon that I brought up from the coast rather than my 1648 Polar Kraft Jon cat fishin boat.

The worst day fishin' is better than the best day at work or at home:smile2:

2. Marcos

Marcos New Member

State:
    Texas
    I know what you mean! I'm usually off the water by 1pm or sooner when I am there. I have a small single bimini top on my jon but the sun usually finds it way around it. I haven't gone out in a couple weeks but plan on heading there Saturday for sure but hopefully Sunday too.:big_smile:

3. el-de-saspamco

el-de-saspamco New Member

State:
    Saspamco,Texas
    Welcome Rob,
    Yeah, it gets pretty darn hot on the lake. Glad to hear you did good, last week Army_Chief and i were there a couple of weeks ago, he killed them on worms, I only caught 2 small cats on secret 7.

Rubes

4. renji2476

renji2476 New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    Man you guys are making me home sick!! But I sure do know what you mean about trying to get out on the water this weekend!!! Thought that it was gonna happen this past weekend but sometimes life happens if ya know what I mean!?!?!

5. renji2476

renji2476 New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    Oh and by the way WELCOME TO THE BOC ROB!!! :big_smile::cool2::big_smile: You'll find lots of good people and great advise on this site so make yourself at home and stay a spell!!!

6. el-de-saspamco

el-de-saspamco New Member

State:
    Saspamco,Texas

This was to say: last time Army_Chief and I were out there was a couple of weeks ago.

Rubes

7. gonzo1

gonzo1 New Member

State:
    texas
    Welcome to BOC I have not been a memeber for too long, but let me tell you there are good people here willing to lend a hand!!:0a22: