Calavaras Ramp Construction

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Catfishrob, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Catfishrob

Catfishrob New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    Anyone know when they plan to have the ramps finished on Calavaras and Braunig??

I have never seen lines of vehicles waiting to get in the gate like I did this weekend....

Getting your boat out is also a hassle as you have vehicles coming to the ramp from 2 lines and it takes a month of sundays to get out!!!:angry:

2. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    dont know when they'll be finished but it cant be soon enuff, i will be going to choke canyon instead!!!!!it took me 2 1/2 hours to launch friday night & almost as long to get out saturday @ lunch time!!!!! Thanks again Cliff for the block move so i could get on the ramp to get loaded & get the heck out of there!!!!:wink:

3. hillcountryfishin

hillcountryfishin New Member

State:
    tx
    Calaveras shoud be done by the end of March.
    The ramps are done, they are improving the area surrounding the ramps (shallow water)
    It's a facelift for our little lakes which they were in bad need of. There will be some parks changes as of March 1st as well, they are going to really pour the $ into both parks to create a more family oriented atmosphere with better campsites,covered pavillions, hook-ups, etc.
    It's nice b/c I always felt they never fully made the park what it should be...it does cause some frustration now but in the long haul, it'll be a much nicer place to bring the kiddos and family minus the trash and hazards layed all over the bank and run down apperance.

4. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    Does this mean that we ain't gonna have to back a 1/4 mile out into the water to launch my big tank?:big_smile:

5. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    i hope not, i really had to back in far to launch my toon!!!!!

6. rickr

rickr New Member

State:
    Schertz Texas
    And....NO MORE Public Consumption of Alcoholic Beverages effective 1 Mar. Sounds like a great idea to me if they can enforce it; me being in a Kayak watching out for Drunks in 40 MPH Boats with no breaks.

:tounge_out:

Rick

7. el-de-saspamco

el-de-saspamco New Member

State:
    Saspamco,Texas
    RickR,
    I know the feeling, my son and I and sometimes the b-i-l take our Sears row boat for a row, the wind and waves are already a challenge w/o someone racing by. Recently we got a trolling motor which made life a little easier but still had a couple of folks racing side by side causing some pretty good sized waves and danm near flipping us over. We now stay closer to the shore. Were you at the cove Jan 13th? I saw someone in a kayak fishing the 181 cove while we were there.

Rubes

8. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    After seeing everyone fall off the ramps that night I say it wouldnt be a bad idea!!! Everybody was obviously drunk, and the ppl who couldnt get their boat launched just stood next to the " no fishing in boat launch area sign" and started fishing while all the boats were coming & going!!!Go figure...I personally dont drink while boating. So needless to say it wont hurt my feelings, I can wait to get home & have a cold one... I just feel sorry for the ppl camping that are not boating who cant enjoy cold ones anymore:sad2:

9. michael357mag

michael357mag New Member

State:
    texas
    I hope that they fixed it right, many years ago I was docked and waithing to load my boat when this man was trying to drive is boat on a trailor that was not drive on trailor, after several attempts without success he starts to back up and backed up he did, right into my new cajun bass boat. Then the man would not stop and went on like nothing ever happened. Had to have guard stop him before i could have a report done. That was a bad DAY...................:angry:

10. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    the law is a "family friendly law", meaning no public display of alcohol( ie showing of containers) koozies & cups allowed!!!! just wish they would wait to get hammered when they are on land, not on the water. alot of those ppl cant drive a boat sober much less drunk

11. Catfishrob

Catfishrob New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    Thanks. Add a post when its done and both ramps are open.

Thanks in advance......