Cajun Red Line?

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by CJ21, Dec 7, 2006.

1. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I am thinking about spooling reels with 20 lb cajun red line, I wonder is it some good stuff?

2. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    Yes, CJ it is some very good line, the only problem that I had/have with it is that I can't see it @ night to tie knots with:embarassed: . Other than that it's great in my book. I still keep one Saltwater pole rigged up with it, because I only use that one during the day.

HTH, Elliot

3. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Cj

I've heard that its the first color to disappear in water. One of the local tv guys swears by it. I use 15 lb on one cat/saltwater rig...knot strength is what I would concider to be most important... I have not tested it on big cats... need to step up the lb a bit.

bayrunnner ray

4. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    hey cj this is a very good line ive got it on all my poles i use 30 lb it is true it is hard to see at night but im not one to watch my line i watch the tip of my pole so it does not mater to me hope the line works out fine

5. FishBrew

FishBrew New Member

State:
    North Texas
    I use the 50# cajun red for my leaders (carolina rig). I've never had any problems with it.

6. Ghoulscout 13

Ghoulscout 13 New Member

State:
    North carolina
    yeah it is a great line i love it its got good abrasion resistance and holds up a long time.

7. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    i dont like cajun line. Catfish are not line shy, so why use something that is hard for you to see too?
    I do alot of catfishing at dusk, dark, and dawn so it makes me mad not to see my line even with a lantern. I do use the rolls that i bought before making this discovery to pretie leaders with

8. Foxhound

Foxhound New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Extremely tough stuff.........highly abrasion resistant, I use 30 lb main line and I also use it for my leaders (50lb).

9. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I love Cajun Line, I use it on most of my rigs, I caught a 40 lb blue on 12 lb line this past summer, so I can say from experience that it is tough. It is very difficult to see in low light conditons, and can seem "stiff" when you first spool up, but after a few casts it seems to loosen up. I have used 4-20 lb test on spinning, bait casting and spincast reels with no problems as of yet. Try some I bet that you will like it!

Aaron

TA2D

10. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    I don't watch my line either but as much as I hate to admit it:embarassed: I can't see as good as I use to & it's almost impossible for me to tie knots, even with all the lights on my boat......It's lit up like a Christmas tree:lol:

11. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Might be great for catfish,but I spooled up with 8# on my crappie rod and couldn't wait to get rid of it.Bad line twist,memory,coiling,wrapping on rod tip,etc.....of course 17F weather doesn't help.:cool2: come on,spring!!

12. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    I love the stuff I have it on all my reels.I use the 20lb and ive never had a cat break it,its tuff as nails.You do seem to have to break it in a little when you first put a new spool of it on but other then that its great,i dont use anything else.

13. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)

If you use Cajun Red and you can't see it at night to tie with, then consider going to Big Game Solar Green for your leader material. It shows up well in the light.

I got 40 and 50 lb leader spools of Cajun Red at Academy for 88 cents. I'm using it now, seems to be a decent line for leaders.

14. catter5000

catter5000 New Member

State:
    TULSA,OK
    Gotta agree with Cook on this.I spooled up with 30 on a couple of reels and the stuff was like a slinky. Some suggested it would be OK after a few casts.They were right,it was fine. The next time out it was so bad I could not keep a cat bobber out away from the bank. The line coiled so bad it pulled my bait into the bank...NOW...I may have just got a bad spool,that has happened before with other lines,but unless I see this stuff work I will not use it again.Not bad mouthin Shakespear or cajun red,just had bad experience with this one product.I do use some of their other products.The smaller lines do seem to work fine.Like I said,may have been a bad spool. JMO Allen

15. kocat238

kocat238 New Member

State:
    Ky
    cj i own and operate a pay-lake the cajun is the only that i sale it is the best in my book has few drawbacks,but overall its real good.

16. polecatter

polecatter Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    CJ,
    It seems to be decent line. Never had any problems with it personally other than it is hard to see! Only problems I've seen with it is when somebody spools it on a spinning reel backwards and any monofilament line spooled improperly on spinning equipment creates havoc.

Larry (polecatter)
    Keep On Castin.....Cattin!

17. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Cajin line is a good strong line. It's true that it is difficult to see. For those of you that have a problem with coil or stiffness, I would suggest that you purchase some reel magic or armorAll origional.Spray one of these on the line when installing or before you go to use.This will help your problem and you want have to discard that good line.

18. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    I recently bought a Penn 209. Eventually, I'll spool it with braided, but for the purpose of learning to cast it, I went with mono. Since my intention is not to keep it spooled with mono, I looked at each line product, found Stren High Impact 30lb for $3 less than Big Game, $2 less than Cajun Red. After three trips, I find it a great casting line and no coiling problems. Works for me. I do like Cajun Red for leader material.

19. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Well over the last 3 or 4 years I have tryed many lineon different reel at the same time just to see what was better. After 6 months using CJ #40 as main line i have found maybe the best line going. Easy casting and tough as nails I now have 20 reels with #40 on them you can't go wrong with this line.

20. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I have spool it on my Abu 6000 and so far it cast great.