Cajun Red Line

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by Salty1, Oct 29, 2006.

1. Salty1

Salty1 New Member

State:
    Mt. Washington, Ky.
    Does anyone know if this line glows under a blacklight. Thanks in advance !!!!!!!

2. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I dont know. I dont think no line glow at nite. u might on to try a glowing rod.

3. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I don't know if it glows. I doubt it, but it is good string. That's what I've been useing after trying several more expensive brands with disappointing results. No problems with cajun yet. Welcome to the BOC bro!!

4. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Last time I saw a blacklight there was a hooka an posters and a lava lamp.

5. O2Bfishing

O2Bfishing New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    go to wally world and get a spool, take it to eletronics dept and test it right in the store

6. Salty1

Salty1 New Member

State:
    Mt. Washington, Ky.
    CJ,
    Any line that says flourescent on it will glow under a blacklight and you can buy your lights at just about any major tackle shop. The bad thing about it is you have to carry a source of power. I myself am a bank fisherman and this makes it rough but the results are worth it. When doing this use no other light sources such as lanterns etc.... I also noted that you are in the lawn service business and I too run my own lawn service on the side !!!!!!!!!

7. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    i used to think my wife was crazy for wanting all the colored line. after letting her buy some i found out it is very easy to see. now all we use is cajun line. works great.

8. gearhead

gearhead New Member

State:
    China Grove, NC
    I use the thirty and it dosent glow with blacklight very good line doesnt have as much memory as the 30 big game yellow stuff.

9. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    i dont now if it does or not i have been useing this line all year cought 2 fish around 20 im yet to hook the big 1 but it seems to be a good line

10. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Thats why I love them white rods at night them stay out under any light

11. Salty1

Salty1 New Member

State:
    Mt. Washington, Ky.
    Thanks for the info guys. I think I will try it.

12. rich-online

rich-online New Member

State:
    California
    I just respooled my reels with Cajun Red Cast (8#). As far as I can tell, the line has fairly low memory; it doesn't curl as much as what I used to use. I haven't really noticed any difference in casting distance, but the prevailing winds make it hard to judge things objectively. The big difference for me is that I can now *see* my line in overcast weather.

-- Rich

13. slimepig

slimepig New Member

State:
    Kerrville Texas
    i dont have blacklights yet, but do use a green fish attractant light and am a bank fisher myself. what ya might try is what i do. I use a sealed unspillable 12v battery thats small enough to put in my backpack (deer feeder battery). ya just need to know what amp draw the light will have. my lil battery is an 8amp/hour battery and the light i use draws only 1/2 amp, so theorettically i should get 16 hours before my battery is dead. i think someone on a post here somewhere said one of the blacklights he has uses 2 amps, so an 8 amp battery would give you 4 hours.

14. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Cajun line will not flourese under blacklight, I have tried a few different blacklights of different wavelengths and It will not "glow". I think this is due to the fact that the colors red and ultraviolet are at opposite ends of the light spectrum, which basically means that red has a lower "power" so to say than the ultraviolet and its color is diffused easier. I hope that you can make sense of that. With that said, I absolutly love Cajun Line, great stuff it helped me catch my personal best a 40 lb blue cat on 12 lb Cajun Lightning, I emailed the Shakespere company and they sent me a thank you package with hat, patch, and line.

Aaron

TA2D

15. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Are you guys talkin about sheakspear red cajn line. I spooled a reel a month ago but haven't caught anything on that rod yet. I always use braided so I am a little nervous about using it.

16. CatHound

CatHound New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Yes, I believe that is what they are talking about.

I don't think you need to be too concerned about using it. Catfish are not terribly line shy.

They hunt and feed mostly by smell not by sight. They have the most sensitive sense of smell and most highly developed olefactory of all fresh water fish.

I have not used it myself, but I know many people who use it for catfishing and they have good success with it. I have used other Hi-vis lines for other applications though. Mostly so I can see my line above the water when the light conditions are rather flat and there are a lot of snags that I want to avoid.

If you have concerns still, just tie on a short leader of florocarbon line.

17. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    some people say that the red line disappears very quick compared to other colors of line..... cats are not line shy.... as far as how they feed, I thought that I have caught some giant black bass only to have found that a big cat has jumped on my crank bait..... "they were looking" as the jumped on it..... they are the best at smelling..... " the whole body smells" when they are feeding everything is in "full recognition"

Bayrunner ray

18. screamnclickersc

screamnclickersc New Member

State:
    S.C.
    I used the 30# test as leaders,the knots wanted to slip.I went back to flouracarbon.

19. adam j

adam j New Member

State:
    ohio
    dont know if it glows but its good stuff havent had any problems with it at all. One thing I have noticed is that the color fades over time but then all line fades to some degree.