Cajun Red Fishing Line

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by lawnman61, Mar 12, 2006.

1. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Has anyone tried the new cajun red line ?
    I just bought some for my new rod and reel today and thought I might get some feedback on this new line. I plan on using it when we go for the gathering at lake Texoma.
    I would like to hear the pros and cons on this new fishing line and then I will give my comments on it when I get back from the gathering in April.
    I'm going to use the 17lb test and hope it works well enough for the big ones.
    Thanks

AL

2. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Al, I use it and like it. It's very tuff stuff. It's a buger to brake off if ya get snagged too. Ya can really see the line well during the day but at nite it sucks bad !(as far as seeing your line). Someone here said they would never use it again cause it coils up real bad. I've went out 5 times with it and no coils yet. It cast well too.

3. catter5000

catter5000 New Member

State:
    TULSA,OK
    This may be a super tuff,super strong line,but I just spooled up a new reel with 30# cajun and its like fishing with a slinky.It may just be a bad spool, I have had this happen with a spool of Big Game one time.I do not intend to take it off until I have used it at least 10 times. If it works out I will buy more.I am experimenting with several lines this year just for fun.All of my heavy cat poles have a different brand of line on them.

4. matt

matt New Member

State:
    Anderson SC
    i was fishing today and cought a 60 pound blue cat on 17 pounds test it is real good line have it on all my poles

5. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    I just spooled my bait casters with 20# red cajun last week and the 1st time out I thought the same thing but after that it straitened out real well. I think I'm going to really like it, no complaints so far anyway. Seems to cast great to.
    :thumbsup: :)

6. catter5000

catter5000 New Member

State:
    TULSA,OK
    Martin, Hope your right,I just put the rest of the spool on my longbeach 60...It will probably be OK.Thanks for your input.

7. Damian_Storm

Damian_Storm New Member

State:
    indiana
    i use 10lb line on the bass reel and i wouldn't use anything else now...i also have 30lb on one of the cat poles..it's very , very strong but it is alittle bit stiffer than some others at 30lbs but, i think it will relax once i get to using it....

8. balddaddy91

balddaddy91 New Member

State:
    East Liverpool,Oh
    I Have Tryed It But Prefer Power Pro Or Spiderwire

9. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    I use the 20# test on my rods and its awsome but i have one spooled with the 30# and like someone else said its like a slinkey im not sure what the difference is other then its thicker.

10. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    Alan, by the new Cajun Red do you mean the advantage stuff? I havent tried that particular line as of yet, but I am hoping to. As for the other two, the Lightning is some great line. VERY abrasion resistant. I would not recommend it for those who dont like a lot of memory though. It is great if you are fishing around a lot of structure where the line can become abrated quickly. If you dont like the memory so much, Cajun Red Cast is the way to go. It has less memory, and holds the same as the lightning, but it does have less abrasion resistance. What I have found is the stiffer lines (as long as they arent a bad spool) are more abrasion resistant, and the looser lines tend to be less so. I would go with the conditions that you are fishing with to determine which one. I love them both, and I recommend it to anyone who is willing to try it.

:0a26:

11. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex

I have the cajun red casting line, I haven't tried it yet but plan on using it at tghe gathering at lake Texoma next month, I've heard mostly good about it so far. It's 17lb. test. I like the way knots tie with it so far but can't wait to try it for fishing with and casting. Once I use it, I'll be posting a new thread about it when I get back from Texoma.
    Thanks for the input.

AL :)

12. lilgriz

lilgriz New Member

State:
    Aurora, KY
    i use cajun red on all of my reels. i love it. i works great but it takes some breakin in. never seen line that needs broke in but it does. the first couple of times you use it, it will curl on you but eventually straighten out after a few cast. i caught a 55# flathead on 17# cajun red and that fish ran my line all up and down a concrete slab and didn't frey it at all! took me a while to learn how to cast with it too. i use bait casting reels and the cajun red is more limp and easier to cast than the other lines.

13. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I bought a spool of it and didnt like it at all. It was like fishing with bailing wire. I threw it in the trash can. Now Suffix line is the stuff.

14. Kittykiller

Kittykiller New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Have had great experience with Cajun Red, used 14# all last season on one of my spinning reels and had no problems with it.

15. Crackr

Crackr New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I have 20lb. Cajun Cast and 30lb. Lightning on the way. I also have 8lb. Cast on my baitfish pole. No bunches, no twists, and great knot holds. I'm hooked.

16. bro_catfish

bro_catfish New Member

State:
    Ohio ,Coshocton County
    Well I got mine a few days ago and Ive been worried about the stiffness of it
    I have a 375 yard spool of Cajun Red Lighting 40# and Im having problems tieing knots with it , Ive tried the Palamar and the improved clinch knots both and it really need some serious pulling power to become tight. Maybe i need another kind of knot, anyone else have this problem?

17. explayer

explayer New Member

State:
    Tucson AZ
    It Look like this stuff is really Good I will have to get some thank you guys for the input

18. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    I bought some cajun advantage #25 to put on my Abu kingfisher rods for the gathering at Texoma next weekend and I just hope it's as good as everyone says it is, if it is, I will posting a new thread the following Monday about it.
    I have heard alot of good about this new line, so we will find out for sure very soon.

Thanks for everyones responses on this.

AL

19. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    I had my daughter pick me some up today at BP in nashville so I hope it is good. I to will post on its strange behavior.
    I think what we need is a hawg on it to stretch it out.

If you hang one in texoma it should do it. I have caught some mighty big cats out of that lake.:)

20. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    I think I'm going to try the dam first to see if they are biting, I was talking to guy a few days ago and he said 3 nice flathead were caught last week by the dam on cut shad and cut perch, weighing in at 15 to 26 lbs.
    So i guess the wife wants to try this new line also and hopes to catch some nice ones with perch and shad.
    I'm going try the 17 lb test on some channel and some blues and the 25 lb test on the flatheads.
    I'm looking to give this new line some good reviews.