cajun red braided line?

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by brinley45cal, Dec 7, 2008.

1. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    I was curious to see if anyone has tried the cajun red fishing line?I was wandering if anybody liked it or there opinion on it at all.I love the mono cajun red line i have it on all my reels, i havent decided yet rather to give it a try or not.

2. kyledbarnes

kyledbarnes New Member

State:
    south carolina
    i havn't even heard of it but if its cajun red, its gotta be purty good:wink:

3. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    yeah its not been out to long i dont think,i was just wandering if it was good as there mono line.

4. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    I've used some on a spinning reel 15#, I like it, seems to hold up real good for me

5. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    I know people that have been using it for over a year and they seem to like it.

6. centexcop

centexcop Well-Known Member

State:
    Texas
    Maybe Santa will bring me some so i can try it out.

7. Steven Armstrong

Steven Armstrong New Member

State:
    Sallisaw,Oklahoma
    i have some 20lb on two rells and have a new spool yet to use, i don`t like it and won`t buy any more. this line has a memory, once it gets a coil or a twist in it the problem remains, it seems to me this is the worst stuff to back lash. wal-mart here dosen`t offer much choice but does sell the berkley line and so far i like it better

8. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    I like cajun red I also use spider wire braids can't say anything bad about either because I use both :wink:

9. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 Well-Known Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    It is good for fish that are line shy, but for Cat's it isn't necessary. Your better off going with a hi-vis line. Power Pro makes a hi-vis line that workes pretty good

10. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Jeff with team catfish just gave me and Sam some 80 lb. cajun braid to try. I'm going to spool it on 5 reels and use it. I'll compare it to 65 and 100 lb. power pro that I use now and give a report on it after I have used it at least a couple of months. I really don't like the cajun mono mainly because of the memory issues it has. The braid should be O.K.

11. Relocated-Yankee

Relocated-Yankee New Member

State:
    Goldsboro
    It is very abraision resitant, but it also has very bad "memory " issues. I like to use it for leaders, but I won't ever spool up with it again!

12. gdlocal10

gdlocal10 New Member

State:
    kansas
    Ive been using power pro braided in red 80lbs test the same size as 18lbs mono and so far its been great.