cajun red 30 pound line vs big game berkly 30 pound line.

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by slikk03, May 23, 2009.

1. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    whats beter for abrasion, memory and casting, i got to spool up for alton this weekend, im hearing this cajun vs big game, lets take a vote the winner, gets put on my real

2. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke

3. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I use Berkley B/G, truthfully I have never tried Cajun lines, but Berkley works for me.

4. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    ok so big game 2, cajun 0, lets keep going lol

5. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    The overall majority will use Berkley Big Game as their mono, or a superline, normally Power Pro.

Power Pro was bought out a while back, before they were bought out, we used to give it away like candy on the BOC in contest, same as Suffix.

Once you get off into different flavors of fishing line, you get lost in the woods.

The only time I would recommend a change to your fishing line is if you were going for a line class record.

Then its Ande Tournament line, Designed To Conform With All IGFA Specifications.

If you are getting sponsored by a certain brand of line while you are fishing, then of course, that is the best line at the time... :smile2:

If you are not worried about line class, Ande Monster is big in the Salt Water world.

6. efrith

efrith New Member

State:
    Seale Alabama
    I use them both and the truth is to me that big game is the best in heave cover. Cajun line is strong but I have found that the knot strength is not that of big game.

7. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    so big game is getting the uperhand on me so far, we will see by tommaro what ill put on, and as far as the knot, i tie three knots that i jjust make up, and they wont break so knot s are not an issui with me

8. thunderchicken

thunderchicken New Member

State:
    Yuma Az
    Big game for me. Have never been disappointed with it and it's real abrasion resistant. Tight lines.

:cool2:

9. Jacksmooth

Jacksmooth Member

State:
    West Virginia
    I have used ande, big game, and cajun red. The cajun red has too much memory for me. If your set on big game or cajun red it would be big game for me. I use ande.

10. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Big Game 1000%!!! Cajun Red has WAY too much memory, IMO its junk!!! I've used both and this is my personal experience.

11. skyhead

skyhead New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Go for the big game.

I'm testing berkley fireline 65lb. Feels like small grade cable but casts great. Until you mess a cast up and have to stop the spool... be ready to put some ice on your thumb!!! :D

12. pitbull1078

pitbull1078 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I personally love cajun red...i snag with 25 pound test and havent had an issue yet. I snag below alton dam from the bank and have caught some prety large asians with no issues

13. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have good results with Cajun, and bad results from several others. All I know is it sucks when I WANT to break off.

14. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    I like the cajun red myself ,good stuff.

15. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    I have used both and I like them both , if I had to pick one I would take cajun . Thats if I had to .

16. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Like I stated in a previous post...in another thread....Last year I used 20# cajun red lightning on all my reels. It is very strong and very abrasion resistant. Lots of complaints about the memory of cajun lines.......What I do is after spooling with cajun line....tie on a 6 or 8 oz sinker and make several long casts and the memory is gone. I dont have any problems after doing this.

I wanted to try the big game mono this year because of all the good things I hear about it.......After purchasing 2 spools at $29.95 each....1 of 25# and 1 of 40# Big Game.....I will not be buying anymore of it. It has no abrasion resistance compared to Cajun.

I fish around rip-rap rocky banks and snags and everytime I reel in to check my lines it is frayed....and has to be re-tied.

I change my lines every year....on every reel I own....no matter what! And the next lines I buy will be Cajun Red Lightning! JMO.

Memory doesnt seem to be an issue with me.....but strength and abrasion resistance is very important. But to each his own I guess.:wink:

17. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    i got to get the one that has the less tangleing the smother casting one, that will settle this what cast better without backlash, seems jons no liar, and i trust him on the abrasion but what cast better

18. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I just particle to the Cajun Red line, I like it.

19. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    i gues ill go with cajun 30 if i can find it, now is there a differance in the lighting and the regular, i can get 20 pound test but i wont go lighter than 30,, if i cant get 30 ill get big game,30, but, whats the dif between the cajun and the cajun lightning

20. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Another vote for Big Game. I use it exclusively in 30# and have NEVER had a problem. Chris