Cajun Pickled Eggs

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by lforet2002, Jul 24, 2009.

1. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I personally like all things pickled from pigs feet to cherry peppers..But my all time favorite is pickle eggs and here is my recipe..

1 doz. hard boiled eggs
    1 1/2 teaspoon salt
    2 whole cayenne peppers
    2 teaspoons sugar
    2 tablespoons whole peppercorns
    1/2 cup of water
    2 bay leaves
    2 1/2 cups vinegar
    2 tablespoons Tony Chacheres
    1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

Shell your eggs and pack in jar.Mix all the ingredients and boil..Let brine cool then pour over eggs and seal jar..Refrigerate for at least 2 weeks then enjoy..

2. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    thanks Les, i'll try it. how bout them pickled quail eggs, um-good.

3. recordbreakin1

recordbreakin1 New Member

State:
    texas
  4. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Sounds great. I could live on pickled eggs. How do ya wait the 2 weeks on them though? Guess everything has it's drawbacks.:eek:oooh:

5. DLB-in-GR

DLB-in-GR New Member

State:
    MI
    That sounds awesome. I've never had pickled eggs but I have been meaning to try them. Now instead of buying them I will make these from my friend's farm fresh brown eggs. Thanks for sharing this recipe.

6. lforet2002

State:
    Tennessee
    I use this recipe for quail eggs too..I can get them from the flea market up here in TN..
    Its not easy I can tell ya that..
    Don't buy the ones at the store..Try this recipe..I promise you will love them..

7. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'm gonna give it a try as soon as I find Tony Chacheres lol
    For you guys that cant wait, vacuum pack them in a jar or canister. Cuts the wait time in half! :wink:

8. bodach

bodach New Member

State:
    KS Emporia
    I love pickled eggs I usually just put them in the vinegar from hot mamas but this sounds very good. By the way if a little redhead shows up at your door to chew you out :angry: that's my wife she hates the effect pickled eggs have on me :crazy:

P.S. what is Tony Chacheres and where do you get it?

Last edited: Jul 25, 2009
  9. lforet2002

State:
    Tennessee
    Tony's is a season-all..I'm pretty sure you can find it at a Wal Mart..

10. DLB-in-GR

DLB-in-GR New Member

State:
    MI
    I just got mine at Walmart today, $1.36 for 8 oz. They didn't have cayenne peppers though, I had to go to another store to find those. I'm going to make this recipe tomorrow.

11. lforet2002

State:
    Tennessee
    If you can't find the cayenne peppers you can sub with crystals pickled peppers or 1 teaspoon of cayenne powder or 2 chili peppers...

12. andrew76

andrew76 New Member

State:
    southwest ohio
  13. DLB-in-GR

DLB-in-GR New Member

State:
    MI
    I found them at the store next door, 3 peppers were 16 cents. Maybe I should have just started at that store?

14. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Jack if you can't find Tonys, i'll mail ya a can. My boy use to take it to school in a baggie.:smile2::smile2::smile2:
    Is there any trick to peelin eggs other than old eggs peel better than fresh eggs.gawd i hate to peel eggs that the shell clings to.:confused2:

15. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    You got that right John, never use fresh eggs! What I like to do is put my eggs in a pot of cold water, start a fire under them and wait till they start boiling, then shut them down. Cover and let cool all the way...:wink:

16. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Sounds good, have to try those. I usually always pickle mine in beet juice but I need to try something new.

17. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma

Send me your adress,Jack. I got a can,I think. Thats the nastiest spice I ever put on anything. I used it once and never tried it again,Something about it and old bay ,just too sweet or something for my tasebuds I guess.

18. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Holy mackerel Richard, if you don't like it how in the world am I expected to? Our taste run pretty much the same from what I have read for the past three years. lol But I'll tell ya what, for the sake of the environment and every thing, I'll pm it to you........Besides it will give me something to look for in the mail!.............:cool2:

19. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    LMAO richard, whut ya mean ya don't like Tonys:smile2::smile2::smile2: I got alot of coonass in me i guess, we keep it settin on the kitchen table.:wink: Hell i eat some asian carp last week and thought it was flathead. Come to vittles, i don't cull much

20. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    OHHH GAWD!! No offence you guys, but are youon drugs? I was at a bar one night and they had a pickeled egg eatin contest.about 6 guys went thru 4 gal of eggs.It wasnt a perrty sight.All you could smell was puked beer and eggs.
    smokey