cajun line

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by LEROYDOZOIS, Nov 14, 2007.

1. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    i was going to buy some cajun 20 lb mono either advantage cause of its UV protection or cast

i want to get the 50 lb cast for my leaders

anyone use the cajun line and like it alot

i did before and had no problems but is was for striper fishing :smile2:

2. BLKCLOUD

BLKCLOUD New Member

State:
    Pulaski Tn
    I dont think i could use it simply because its made in china..I do have a train load of chinese crap like everyone else..but my fishing line..I just wouldnt trust it..

3. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Cajun line is some good line. I use it myself and if you will use the search function at the top you will find several post in here about this particular line.

4. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    Ive got the 20# on all my rods.I love it,its tough as nails and ive never had a fish break me off.And when you get snagged you will either strighten your hook out or have to cut your line cause its not going to break.I dont like the cajun line thats over 20# test though to me after that it dosent cast very well and it acts like a big old slinky.But i rarley fish with line any heavier,been thinking about experamenting with a few like power pro but i dont know yet i like the cajun an awful lot.

5. Zebco 33

Zebco 33 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I've got Cajun Abrasive Resistance on my reels. I settled on it due to good reviews, small diameter, and price. Its usually .003-4" smaller than Big Game or Big Game Supreme. I use the 14# test, and I can get almost 230 yards on my 6000ish reels.

Jerry

6. Zebco 33

Zebco 33 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I meant to say I can get clsoe to 270 yards of 14# test on my 6000.

Jerry

7. scout

scout Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I started using it a couple of years ago and find that it is a very good line at a good price. I am also Cajun but that had nothing to do with me purchasing it lol.:smile2:

8. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I only like the advantage, the rest is garbage. Now I have a mile of leader material as I only use braided.

9. Dadoftwo

Dadoftwo New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    I was reluctant to use Cajun even after reading all the posts about it. I broke down and spooled one of my Abu 6500's. Since then all of my cat rigs has Cajun on them including my Abu 7000. I like the castability, durability, flexability and general strength. What amazes me is the quality for the $. Currently I only use 20# and have caught fish over 30# and had no problems. Can't help but wonder about the hybrid lines though.

10. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    i will get a spool of 14 lb cast line for every single pole i got cause them i can get about 3-4 changes of line

this line is a very good line for fishing WHEN ITS NEW, after 5/6trips the line starts to get stiff and holds memory ( but if i recall the trilene i used craped out after 5/6 outings too and turned gray ) huh go figure... :roll_eyes:

11. shawn white

shawn white New Member

State:
    nc
    i just got me some 30#

12. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Ande line all the way man!! Wouldn't ever use any other brand.

13. yadkinrivercats

yadkinrivercats Member

State:
    mocksville,n.c.
    I use Cajun line and love it

14. baptistpreach

baptistpreach New Member

State:
    Oklahoma!
    Yes,

I used Cajun before I switched to braided. I still have cajun on my Zebco 33's for when I take kids. I loved it, it was stretchy, strong, and an unbeatable deal. Yes, it gets memory, but so does all mono, it's just the price you pay when you use mono.

15. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I have been trying to find cajun red line in 30 or 40 lb test and find it anywhere everyone has 20lb. Any ideas

16. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Someones gotta know where I can get it,

17. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I use mono on all my reels and I change it once a year no matter if it needs it or not. I have never had line wear out in 5 or 6 trips. I have caught 50 lb. fish on 20 lb. test line that is over a year old. I think it might be because of getting snagged or pulling on it to break it loose.... this is tough on all good lines.
    :big_smile:

18. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    chris i was just at 40 woods bait and tackle in blue springs missouri yesterday they hard a large sppol of 25 lb test cajon red huge spool 4000 yards for 35 dollars heck of a good buy if u ask me . i bet u could make a deal on it with them also . if u cant get there number send me a private message and ill try to get it for ya .

19. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Chris, I just went on the BP website to check on this, and they have what you're looking for. You might want to check some other sites, and go from there (if you don't want to order online, pick a place close to you that carries it).

20. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I'll check I seem to find only 20 and 25lb maybe I just need to hold my lips right