Cajun Line?

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by flathead_ky, Feb 20, 2007.

1. flathead_ky

flathead_ky New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Has anyone tried the red Shakespeare Cajun Line? I was going to buy a roll of 20# to put on my Abu.Let me know if you have used it and if it is any count. Thanks

2. F150Catfish

F150Catfish New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    I just removed #20 red cajun line and put new #30 berkley big game line on it. but I still going get other red cajun on my spinning reels. I like this red cajun, smooth line and casting as well...

3. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

4. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    i dont like the cajun line myself. It seemed weaker than my other lines and i could not see it at all in low light

5. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    I do like cajun leader material. Academy had spools on sale for $.88 and I bought a spool of 40 lb and one of 50lb. Its great stuff.

6. GMC FishHauler

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    me too!
    the leader matterial is good and stiff. i dont know how stout it is compaired to other leaders. its ok because i pretie all my leaders so lowlight is not an issue

7. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I have some on my freeliner spinning reel, its some ok line. But not good as triline or stren.

8. surfchunker

surfchunker New Member

State:
    maryland
    trying to figure out why they say buy the red line it disappears ... then they say buy the red hooks it draws fish ...:0a28:

9. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Just check out some of the many post that has been on the site here,

SALES PITCH :lol: :lol: :lol:

10. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Cajun is OK but since I started using Sufix Seige I'll never ever go back.It will not coil up, you can saw it on stumps and it still want break easy.Instead of losing rigs now I just pull parts of the trees up with me, I almost got enough wood to build a house now.:big_smile:

11. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    i like this line but as the outher post said you can not see it at night i just put 40 lb solergreen on mine nowif they would make it in green id go back to it

Bill

12. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Thats why I love my white rods I don't need to see the line and they are easy to see with low light as well.:big_smile: :big_smile: :big_smile:

13. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    That's why I wrap reflective tape around the rod tips of my dark colored rods. The white shows up like no one's business.

14. BigCatDreaming

BigCatDreaming New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Its not to bad, just make sure you dont try trilene maxx. I cant stand that line!

15. surfchunker

surfchunker New Member

State:
    maryland
    why don't you like this line ... haven't tried it ... I was just curious

16. MRFLATHEAD

MRFLATHEAD Guest

i just took all my cajun red advantage 40lb test line off my reels to much memory for me ill stay with berkley big game solar green line

17. rushing

rushing New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I dont use mono on any of my cat rigs but I do use the red on my ultra light bait catching rod. Been happy with it.

18. GMC FishHauler

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    my complaint on the red is tying a rig on after dark. I use clickers most of the time so dont need to see line or rod really.

19. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I'm with you, it don't make sense to me either. If they can't see one, how could they see the other:confused2:

It is good line tough. I've found it to be about as tough as the Big Game Trilene, but you can't see it in low light or dark with a lantern if you're loose line fishing. You deffinitely better be using the bait alarm unless you're holding your rod all the time.

I've tried the 4 and 6 pound test on my UL spinning reels for trout fishing. All it did was twist up and foul up the reel. Am I the only one that can "backlash" a spinning reel?:roll_eyes: :eek:oooh: :angry:

If you're not concerned about watching your line for the bite, you can't go wrong with it.:boss:

20. Crackr

Crackr New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I use Cajun 30# and 40#, AND 8# Red Cast on my drop weights for a 3-way rig. Only thing that's failed me so far is my tied knots, no fault with the line at all.