Cajun Fishing Line

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by SC Hartwell, Jul 20, 2006.

1. SC Hartwell

SC Hartwell New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    Use Cajun Advantage. It is a great line for bait caster.

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I have been using this year on all most all of my poles and I like it. I just had to use it once are twice before it relaxed and quit coiing up. It is strong and abrasion resistant though.:cool2:

3. Greg32

Greg32 New Member

State:
    Northeast Kansas
    I have cajun on a few of my reels and really like it... Laidback is right about it relaxing, but it really is a good line.

4. sairving

sairving New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Texas
    I like my Cajun Line on my rod and reel. Just need to have time to go fishing. LOL

5. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Not to be negative but I dont see what people like about this line this is some of the worst stuff I have ever used so many knots. Just my opinion.

6. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I use it and have not had any problems with the line knotting up but I don't river fish much either any line can get a bad twist in it if not properly rigged when river fishing and this can cause knots in your line.

7. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    My wife loves the stuff but prefere that Berkley Vanish Transition line on the light line poles and Berkley big Game on the med/heavy and Yo-Zuri braid of some type or another LOL on the big stuff. Thats just me though. :big_smile:

8. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    I Put Some Cajun Lightning, 20Lb Test On A Penn Spinner, Just Because Alot Of Folks Here Were Raving About It & The Guy At The Bait Shop Gave It To Me.

What I Can Tell You Is, That It's Strong As All Get Out, I Pulled A Mad 7' Gator All The Way To Shore With It. I Can't Tell You More That That but That's A Fact. Elliot

9. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    I currently have two reels spooled with this line, an abu 5000 spooled with 17lb and a 7000 spooled with 30lb. So far it seems to be very good line, casts great very little memory after the first few casts. Also has very good abrasion resistance. The only complaint I have with it is it's hard for my old eyes to see it when tying a knot at night.

10. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    I have 3 reels spooled with it and after it gets stretched a couple times it spools reel well. I am with Griz on the old eyes not seeing it to well so I put me a bell on the tip of my rods to fix that. Now I need a flat head in the 50 to 60 lb range to test it real good.:lol:

11. Ghoulscout 13

Ghoulscout 13 New Member

State:
    North carolina
    ive got three of my smaller rigs set up with 14 pound cajun, its a great line, tough and has very little memory, i love it and as soon as i can find it in 20 or 30 pound test im going to spool my two big rods with it.

12. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I swear by the cajun red cast. That stuff comes off the spool ready to fish without coiling.

13. rushing

rushing New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    So is this Cajun line mono?

14. Ghoulscout 13

Ghoulscout 13 New Member

State:
    North carolina
    yes, and goood mono too

15. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Got to go against the grain on this one. I tried one spool of the stuff and will never buy another. I don't need the line to disappear...I'm catfishing. I'll put my Big Cat (solor collector green) up against the Cajun Red anyday of the week and I'll bet on which one breaks first. I must have gotten a bad batch...mine recoiled bad, even after using it for a few weeks.

16. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    I first tried it on my lighter weight reel (6lbs. test) and loved it. Thought it casted nice and haven't had any trouble at all from it. Bought some of the heavier stuff (20lbs. test) and spooled up an older reel I had here, took it out today and after the first few casts it seemed to do just fine. haven't had the chance to catch anything that would give the heavier stuff a test, but if I do I'll let you know how well it holds up.

17. Gone fishin 4 kittys

Gone fishin 4 kittys New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Yeah it is. I used it twice and by the second time I couldn't wait to go home and rip it off

18. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    Kinda mixed opinions on it I have been thinking of trying it. I have some of the berkley big game on now and cant stand that stuff nothing but troubles with it. So maybe I will try it aint that expensive if I dont like it.

19. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    I put it on 3 of my reels in 20# and 30# after using it a few times it settles down really good and casts well I have it on a tide water. 7000 abu,and a spinning reel, so far so good and it is very strong, no problems with knots, it will never take the place of the big game I like so well but it is very good line.

20. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    People who like the Cajun line are probably talking about the new Advantage cast formula. That stuff is made to be low memory. I havent used the old stuff, but The new formula is awesome!