Cajun Braid

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by Balex123, Nov 17, 2009.

1. Balex123

Balex123 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I just ordered some Cajun mono to use as my leaders, and seen Cajun braid for sale. I've read a lot on Cajun mono and seems like most people like Cajun red, I'm just curious if anyone had tried the Cajun braid yet? Me personally, I'm still on the TOW as it's my first braid purchase, and prob going to try power pro next, but not certain and wondering what else can compare if possible.

2. mintaka

mintaka Well-Known Member

State:
    Charlotte , N.C
    I've never heard of or used Cajun braid. Now that I know of its existence , I'll give it a shot.

3. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    as for the cajun red mono, i wouldnt use it for anything except leaders. its rough and tough, but to stiff to do any thing with... i haven't tried their braid, but if i see it i would probably check it out...

4. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    I didn't know anything about the braid either. I'm sure someone will come alone with a review.

I also use Cajun mainline and leaders...works great for me.

-Jim-

5. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Yep, same here.. cajun braid is a mystery. Never knew any stores that carried it.:eek:oooh:

6. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    BP has it walmart has it i never tried it i did try the mono it sucks to stiff and talk about memory :eek:oooh: big game hi vis is bout same price and much better line.

7. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I would recommend Power Pro if you are going to buy braid. I also believe the Cajun Red mono is only good for leaders. I use #65 Power Pro main line and #40 Cajun Red mono for my leaders. Good luck.

8. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    Have known about the Cajun braid for a year, never used it or knew anybody that used it, for catfishing, anyways. The mono, I like it best for leaders. Has too much memory for mainline to my liking, but i'm using spinning, too.

9. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    I did not know of it either .
    Heres the skinny on it .

Advanced Cajun Guard technology is a protective coating that helps keep the red color on the line, and not on your tackle or clothing. Add in superior strength, durability and abrasion resistance, and Cajun Braid is a must-have item in your tackle arsenal. And the best part. . .it's less visible to fish!

Cajun Guard: A proprietary high-tech protective coating that allows Cajun Braid to retain its red color longer. It also provides outstanding abrasion resistance and enhanced flexibility for long and effortless casting.

Cajun Red Technology: Cajun Braid is the ideal line for fishing in heavy cover or deep water because it becomes less visible in as little as three feet of water.

No Line Stretch: Near zero stretch means greater sensitivity and instant hook sets, even in deep water.

Cajun Braid Knots: Knots are easy to tie with Cajun Braid and are exceptionally strong.

10. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I would agree with this post. Leaders only on the mono.

11. flatheadslayer

flatheadslayer New Member

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    love cajun red.

12. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    I do not like the mono cajun red line at all. But I have been testing some 80 lb. cajun braid for about a year now and it has performed just as well as the power pro I use on the tournament reels. I have pulled some 30 lbers around stumps with this line with no apparent damage to the line.

13. BubbaCat

BubbaCat New Member

State:
    Arizona
    me too !!:big_smile:

14. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    I saw some in Walmart, almost bought it, but was thinking of TOW so I didn't. Probably will order some TOW, I was gonna get some power pro to try but couldn't find 300 yd spools in green.

15. desertcatrat

desertcatrat New Member

State:
    Palm Springs,a.
    i have been using cajun braid 80 for a year now as my only braid and have no complaints,i beat it up drag it through snags and fish irrigation canal tubes w it and it has held up fine
    i would only use a aplomar w/ it though
    i tried another knot i use on mono and i had breakage at the knot
    use a 40 lb mono leader and good to go
    strong as heck

i also use the cajun advantage mono in 40 and 50 ,both strong but like the 40 better as it is lesss stifff, the 50 has too much memory
    the advantage is worlds better than the cajun red lightnin cheap stuff
    i use advantage exclusively in snaggy water and all my fishin with no complaints at all

the cajun braid is nice but i wonder if any one who uses other braids notices that braid soaks up w water after long soaks and if this leads to any detriment?
    cajun seems to hold up good ,i am just going to replace it for the first time,had it spooled for a whole year
    do sinkers frey any one elses braids?
    cali flatheader Desert cat rat:cool2:

16. kyelkhunter3006

kyelkhunter3006 New Member

State:
    Ky
    Pretty sure that exactly what was printed on the packages of Ugly Braid when it was around. Probably the same line, just a marketing thing for more sales. Much better product recognition with the Cajun Red moniker on a line box, instead of Ugly Braid.

17. Smokin

Smokin New Member

State:
    Ca
    Me too. I have been using cajun red advantage for a few years now and love it. It is on all my reels from bass fishing to crappie to trolling rigs to catfishing rigs. No memory on it for me very strong works great.

I have not tried the braid as I do not like any braid I have tried so for but I may give it a shot just to see how it works for me.