Caesars Creek

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by trctrdr, Aug 5, 2009.

1. trctrdr

trctrdr New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thanks to a BOC member on advise on where to fish, I went out the other night and just did some scouting with a map in hand. Found a spot where the old creek bed touchs the shore at a point, had some good looking structure there and deep as well as shallow water. So last night after the rain stoped I got out there and gave it a try. No flathead but did catch a very nice 8 lb. channel. It was nice for once to have the whole lake to ourselves, not another boat in sight.
    I did discover that my camera battery (rechargable) is, without a doubt, shot. so no photo. I will rectify that today with a new battery or camera.
    Mark

2. armyhooah

armyhooah New Member

State:
    Lebanon, Ohio
    Good to see you are getting out.

When my schedule permits maybe we can get together for a night of fishing. I will show you some of my fishing holes, not the best but usually hook into something.

3. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Welcome to the BOC Mark. Congrats on the map an find and the real nice channel cat! Keep fishing! I'm sure there is always some valuable information here on the BOC.

4. trctrdr

trctrdr New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thanks Glen
    I've learned a lot already.

5. Catfish99

Catfish99 New Member

State:
    Ohio, Dayton
    The lake is a tough one to fish, I haven't had much luck. But thats not unusuall for me, I do a whole lot of fishing just not much catching.

6. catfishassassin

catfishassassin New Member

State:
    ohio
    all you gotta do is ask here...... i had a question about bank fishin and everyone here helped like i was a brother, so i joined and became a brother. good luck and welcome to the BOC

7. trctrdr

trctrdr New Member

State:
    Ohio
    That's what I'm finding out for flatheads. There has to be some big ones there but there's a whole lot of lake to look in. I have caught a number of flatheads under ten, seems if there's fish under ten there would have to be some larger.

8. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    That is why it is affectionately called the "dead sea" around here.

9. trctrdr

trctrdr New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I found out for sure last night, there is at least one decent flathead cat in C.C. lake. I saw it, just before it broke off, I won't speculate on size but I'm very sure it's by far the largest one I've ever had on there. I'm learning,,,one day I will get one in the boat, thanks for all the help from the BOC

10. armyhooah

armyhooah New Member

State:
    Lebanon, Ohio
    They are in there. Just have to find them, I look at it like bass fishing. Just because one cove is dead doesn't mean the next one is, or that they just are not hungry at that time and place.

11. trickys10

trickys10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    i would steer you clear of sewer creek because it is hard to fish with all the no brained power boats and jet skis running around up there but i have had better luck there this year than i have from my usual lake which is cowan

12. trickys10

trickys10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    my pic is a 16lb shovelhead i caught in c.c. just last weekend and my buddy pulled a 28lber out of there about a month ago

13. trctrdr

trctrdr New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Congrats on those fish, I wonder, did either one have an extra hook or two in their mouth? I've had several break off because of my lack of experience. I'm learning though.

14. catfishassassin

catfishassassin New Member

State:
    ohio
    that looks like the weigh station at paradise, correct?

15. Burnie

Burnie New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I haven't been able to catch a single catfish out of CC. The lake is so huge, I just haven't found the right spot I guess. It's no for lack of trying, I can assure you. It won't keep me from trying again though. Good luck to everyone.

16. trctrdr

trctrdr New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Went there last night for a few hours, had several runs on bluegills but no hookups, I think some of the runs we had were turtles. I have caught a good number of large (8- 16 lb.) channels there and a few smaller flatheads also. I did, a few weeks ago have one good sized flat on, I had it ten feet from the boat and saw it, but it got into a log and finally broke off. So I know theres a few good flats in there. Keep on trying,,,I know I will.

17. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Chad welcome to the BOC. Good luck fishing.