Caesar Creek!

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by armyhooah, Jul 19, 2009.

1. armyhooah

armyhooah New Member

State:
    Lebanon, Ohio
    Looking to go tonight, any BOC members interested in meeting up.

2. andrew76

andrew76 New Member

State:
    southwest ohio
    Brandon i would love to.

3. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    How did the night go here? Got a report you can post up would be really nice.

4. armyhooah

armyhooah New Member

State:
    Lebanon, Ohio
    We did some crappie fishing. Caught about 30-40 between Nick and I.
    I have one big rod in the water and had two good runs but nothing came to fruition.

We also had a drop light in the water under the boat. 3-4 foot Musky came out of nowhere very fast and very ugly!

All and all good night. Would of liked to had that Musky or on e or both of the good runs.

5. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Right off I gave you reps for reporting back on the nice fishing trip. Wow you two caught some serious crappie there. Must have hit a real nice hole for those.
    Always hate those miss runs too! Now if you would have hooked onto that Muskie you might have had some real aggressive fighting going on. Thanks for the update an I am glad you two had a good time!

Last edited: Jul 20, 2009
  6. trctrdr

trctrdr New Member

State:
    Ohio
    My brother and I got out friday night, set some live bluegills next to three logs. Rods in the rodholders, At about ten I took one of my 6500's off freespool to keep that lively gill from pulling me into a snag, at about 11:00 that rod started to bend, went down so far the tip was nearly in the water before I could get a hand on it, but he got off without getting hooked (darned circle hooks) Ordered some of those $2.00 Gama big river hooks, 10/0.... I'll be going back to that spot soon.
    Mark

7. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Wow that's a nice mess of crappie! What size were they? On the circle hooks I like when you catch a fish they are easy to release unharmed but they do take some getting use to. Most of the ones I've missed (on circle hooks) could probably blame myself for missing.

8. trctrdr

trctrdr New Member

State:
    Ohio
    That's the reason I use circle hooks, CPR, but in the last three good runs I've had,,,no hookups,,Maybe the hooks I've been using are too small, 7/0 gama octipus circle using mostly medium bluegills hooked under the dorsal, what do ya think? The last good run was with the reel closed and the rod (7ft. ugly stick catfish) really loaded up but still no hookup. Any help would be appreciated as I am kinda new to the flathead thing but I'm already hooked good.
    Mark

9. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    throw a 9/0 on there.those big river hooks are a waste of money,in my opinion anyway.buy some regular gammas,they are just as good.and not as expensive:roll_eyes:

10. trctrdr

trctrdr New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thanks for the advise, I will try some larger hooks, since I already have the big rivers coming I'll give them a try, too. Maybe tonight!!!
    M&M

11. Catfish-fever

Catfish-fever New Member

State:
    Ohio
    One piece of advice on the circle hooks.... if the point is not offset from the shank, use some pliers and bend an offset. You will improve your hook up. Also, make sure the bait is not hooked to deeply. There should be nothing between the hook point and the shank. Lastly, circle hooks should be snelled... they will still work tied on normal; but they will work a lot better snelled.

12. armyhooah

armyhooah New Member

State:
    Lebanon, Ohio

What is Snelled?

13. trctrdr

trctrdr New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thanks for the advise on circle hooks,I think I'm hooking the bait too deep, I'm going to try to hook shallower, just under the fin and also set my baits with the trolling motor rather than casting which sometimes throws them off.
    M&M

14. andrew76

andrew76 New Member

State:
    southwest ohio
    snelled is hooks that are already lined with mono. usualy the line is around 10" to 12" long.

15. armyhooah

armyhooah New Member

State:
    Lebanon, Ohio
  16. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    lol,i tried to help out some................:eek:oooh: