Cable for Fish Finder ???

Discussion in 'Fish Finder Review and Study' started by fishnfwl, Sep 7, 2007.

1. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    I am looking to put a finder in the front wife would like to have one up there, Does any one know if they make a Y- Cable to hook to units to one transducer?, I have HumminBirds but really don't know if that would work, don't see why it wouldn't, and have looked every where I can think of and find Nothing of the sort, any idea any one? Have a buddy that builds boards and wiring for most anything electronic and he thinks he would have no problem spitting them and also thinks it would work, what do ya think? I know usually you run to each unit just really don't need to if I can just Y it off of one transducer.
    Thanks Randy

2. Prowler

Prowler New Member

State:
    Maryland

3. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Yes Alex Thanks, I must have been on that site 5 times today and never once looked at a switch!...LOL, THANK You For the post, guess I was looking so hard I didn't even see :tounge_out: thats what I am wanting, Knew better than to wait, should have just asked sooner, LOL

4. Prowler

Prowler New Member

State:
    Maryland
    I know what you mean... it's like me trying to find a ketchup bottle in the frig... i will look and look and look.. wife walks over and picks it right up from directly in front of me... :wink:

here's a link to the part you need on ebay... not much of a savings vs ordering direct from humminbird.. but hey.. 10 bucks is 10 bucks..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HUMM...016QQitemZ260153551056QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

5. Prowler

Prowler New Member

State:
    Maryland
    then again after shipping... you might pay exactly the same from humminbird...

6. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    That's a switch, not a splitter. You can only run one unit at a time from a single transducer.

7. Grits

Grits New Member

State:
    Arknasas
    I believe it is bi-directional. There would be two fish finders trying to control the transducer.

Grits