cabin fever

Discussion in 'LOCAL MICHIGAN TALK' started by hear_kitty, Jan 22, 2010.

1. hear_kitty

hear_kitty New Member

State:
    Vassar Mi
    CATFISH CATFISH!! That's what i need as walls close in! The family giving me those strang looks as i sit in my boat out in storage with the rods at the ready. Calling heer kitty kitty! heer kitty kitty! Theres a hit shh!

2. DLB-in-GR

DLB-in-GR New Member

State:
    MI
    I have plenty of harvest from last summer's fishing trips in the freezer, but it doesn't quench my catfish fever. I want to sit along my bank spot watching my rods and enjoying the cool breeze on a warm day with the birds chirping and the ground squirrels running back and forth, unaware or unconcerned that I am there. A rod doubled over with a cat on the other end and my adrenaline pumping would cure what ails me. For now, I'll have to be satisfied with reading about them, cooking them, and dreaming about them.

3. hear_kitty

hear_kitty New Member

State:
    Vassar Mi
    Hay DLB did not make it to the Grand last year. But this year it's in the plans for sure. Anyone heard form Tony, Sal, Vic ?

4. DLB-in-GR

DLB-in-GR New Member

State:
    MI
    Tony has been on a while back this summer, have not heard from Sal or Vic in a long time. This section has been dead as a doornail for a while. It will pick back up in the Spring, no worries. Hopefully we can get a few more "regulars" from our state to join in the conversations, we are under-represented.

5. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    yep i need a catfish fix bad

6. hear_kitty

hear_kitty New Member

State:
    Vassar Mi
    Me to got way to wraped up in wallie the last 2 years!

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Fishing is an itch that wont go away with a scratch. I hate the Cabin Fever.

8. Northstar

Northstar New Member

State:
    Michigan
    It has been just over a week since my last battle with a cold cat. I am just as fond of icefishing as catfishing. It is a real bouns when you do both. I don't get to many cats through the ice though. There is still two months of ice to go befor ice out and the day it goes I am always sad. Then I remember soon the water temps will rise and flatheads will be on the move. Till then I hope to have a few more battles with the fork tail on my ice gear. Even a small cat puts up a huge battle when you have a tiny pole and 1 or 2 lb line. I have never heard of anyone getting a flat trough the ice. Anyone?

9. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    You could always watch a good hockey game in the mean time. How them wolverines doing this year?

10. DLB-in-GR

DLB-in-GR New Member

State:
    MI
    I am a Calvin College alum and I don't even follow Calvin hockey, sorry. I am counting days, 4 days until pitchers and catchers report to Lakeland for Tigers Spring Training! When we melt this snow I'll be out at the state park hiking/scouting new areas, I am looking forward to the open water more than ever this year.