Cabin Fever Strikes Again !!!

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by SangamonCatKiller, Jan 20, 2006.

1. SangamonCatKiller

SangamonCatKiller New Member

State:
    central illinois
    Anyone else really want to go fishing right now? I am sitting here at work thinking about them boys down south who are still able to fish. It's about 40 degrees here today with water temps about the same(maybe a little less).Needless to say, not prime fishing conditions. Anyways, what are you guys who are in the same position as me, doing with yourselves this time of year. I know you're probably going to tell me to mess with my tackle and watch in fishermen or something but dang it! that ain't cutting it no more. Lets come up with something to do with ourselves during the cabin months of winter ! Someone has to have some ideas on what to do when the fever strikes...?.... anyone ?

2. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    I have the same problem with cabin fever as you. So, as far as answers to solve it, I have none. Sorry I can't help. Vern

3. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    I'm also sitting here at work thinking about fishing.I've been itching for a couple of weeks now. Divorce was final last week, my daughter got married and she shouldn't have, lost my house, my credit and my son part time. I really, really need/want to go fishing. If the weather holds up like it is here now (50's) I think I'm going camping next weekend and fish from sun up til sun down.
    Now what to do until then? I go to the new Bass Pro store here in Clarksville about every other day and fantasize about everything in there. Did the tackle box spring cleaning already. I'm thinking about taking off early a couple of days and throw my line in somewhere just to say I went fishing. I did go for a couple of hrs about a month ago. Caught carp, snagged a couple of gar but that was it. But that was ok. Maybe a fishing video game would help. what's going to help me not think about fishing tonight is indoor golf league.

4. joesf

joesf New Member

State:
    Bloomington IL
    I thought about going yesterday but head out to the garage looked at the mess and decided it had to be cleaned up before I could wet a line with a clean conscience.

5. SangamonCatKiller

State:
    central illinois
    Hey, Joesf I see you are very close to me in Bloomington. You are definitely going through the same weather as me as I am in Decatur. We should talk sometime via pm and hit the waters this spring !

6. Rockin' Blues

Rockin' Blues New Member

State:
    st.louis mo.
    im in the same boat,but i have been thinking about going to baldwin lake,its a power plant lake and fishing the warm water discharge.Good luck!:thumbsup:

7. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Cabin fever? What's that?

things to do durring winter
    1. Make babies
    2. clean tackle
    3. make babies
    4. restring rods
    5. make babies
    6. make leaders
    7. make babies

8. SangamonCatKiller

State:
    central illinois
    Man, I already did that !(twice) lol. Now, I can't go fishing near as much as I'd like to go.

9. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    Make babies? I got neutered 15yrs ago. Can't do that. I wish I could aleast pretend I was trying! LOL

10. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    I know what you guys mean.When im not fishing im sure thinking about it.We have had a few warm days that i didnt expect so i think im going to get ready in case we have another so if i have the chance i can go.Ive got to get out of this house!Man i sure do want to be fishing right now,mybe we need to start a fishing support group lol.I can see it now"Hi my name is james and im a catfishing addict,Hi james"lol

11. stickthrower

stickthrower New Member

State:
    Possum Kingdom Lk, TX
    I thought that was what we have been doing on the site here every night!!;)

Hi, my name is Frank. I am addicted to fishing period!:cool:

12. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have it bad right now, the best way I deal with it is to try and work overtime, and try not to think about fishing..But it does not always work.

13. bill_gfish

bill_gfish New Member

State:
    st. marys, oh
    jack you need to get out and fish. It only takes a couple of hours bank fishing getting skunked to get the fever out of your system. Caught a few 3 lb. lake channels on the 1st. and have went out 4-5 times since then and dont think I even got one bite any of the other times. Skunks suck but they beat the fever.

14. bro_catfish

bro_catfish New Member

State:
    Ohio ,Coshocton County
    Man I got it bad !
    Ive done everything I know to do ...Ill my Catfishing moviers are showing signs of wear...my tackle bag has lost the smell of Catfishing , from being handled so much in the kitchen ...I better go casting again !

15. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    I want to go but I need to geet my new lisence 1st. 12.50 for one. It's a new year!
    Bill

16. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    Lets see the forcast calls for sunny all week highs about 70 degrees and the lows in the mid 40's. Thank god I live in Arizona. I would go stir crazy if I wasnt able to get out. Hang in there warmer weather is just around the corner.

17. nosnag

nosnag New Member

State:
    Florida
    Hey guys,
    I'm down here in Fl. now but I came rrom the N.E. a little over a year ago.I know what you are going through.Here are a couple of suggestions:
    (1) When up there in winter I used to visit the tire shops for wheel weights to mold sinkers then renewed my supply.
    (2) Fished the warmer days at the generator plants discharge canals for pike and catfish.
    (3) Did a lot of visiting with the family and fishing buddies.
    (4) Bought a bunch of hooks and leader material and snelled them for the coming season.
    (5) Rewound the wraps on the rods that did'nt look too great,then varnished them.checked out the guides for wear and replaced any that looked like they needed attention.
    (6) Got all the "honey Do's" out of the way so they would'nt haunt me later when it was less important than going fishing.(Should be #1)
    Somehow the spring was a lot closer.Hope this helps some.Good luck.

BILL

18. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    HI FRANK lol. Remember admitting you have a problen is the first step to recovery:)

19. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

Got it so bad I stripped and re-lined 6 reels, cleaned my tackle box, cleaned off all of my poles, wished the snow would disappear....

Ray

20. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN

Go make nekkid snow angels. :p