Cabin Advice

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by DWB, May 31, 2009.

1. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
  2. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    Your best bet on that is take them to Marktwain Lake you can catch channels,blues,flats,crappie & sunfish. Go to cannondam.com and you can get a cabin there or at southfork resort which is closer to better catfishing. I think your kids would probably enjoy the lake more than the river. The landing also has a water park and mini golf.

3. hillbilly25002000

hillbilly25002000 New Member

State:
    missouri
    my buddy used to have a trailer at the landing they have a motel right across from it the boat ramp there is nice and it is wide as hell

4. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    I'd take Johns advice and go to MTL. I'd probably look into South Fork Resort. Their cabins are nice and reasonable. Actually, I was just there last weekend, plus it's close to the ramp and good catfishing. www.southforkresort.net

5. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks for all the great info guys! I looked into Southfork. It looks like an AWESOME place that I'll be spending a lot of time at; however, as expected it was full with such short notice.

Sooo...I ended up going the complete opposite direction. I booked a campsite at Pomme de Terre. The clear calm waters were appealing to me for the kids sake. We can do a little swimming, and hopefully hook up with some fish. Any tippers are apreciated since I have NEVER been on this lake. Not looking fo giants just some consistant small channels or perch will do the trick to keep the kids interested. Anyone here spend much time down there?

6. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    I have been to Pomme bass fishing and it's really good. Never have catfished it. I have caught some muskies down there they are a blast. You could probably get into some crappie or white bass if anything. It's a beautiful lake to be on and not all that big so you can run around the whole thing pretty easy. Your best bet would be to go up one of the rivers and try for cats (try drifting maybe).There is not anything around the lake down there pretty much in the boonies but it's nice. Hope this helps some have a good time on your trip and post us a report when you get back.