Cabelas

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by catfish kenny, Feb 27, 2008.

1. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Well this weekend if all goes well we are gonna drive to Cabelas in St.lious.
    I gotta get some string-a reel and rod fer the woman then we are gonna see where were at cause I have a few other things I want to look at ..............It a majior event in this house-Cabelas and Harbor Freight have a $100.00 rule,we dont walk in the store without a min.Ben Franklin:cool2:eek:r there aint no use giong(LOL)
    I gotta love the ole lady-last year she got a puter this year I get fishin/boat supplies

2. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Kenny, you gonna step over the state line and into the "Show me State" Them Missouri boys will be waiting for you.

The neighbor brought over the Cabelas huge spring catalog last weekend. On page 18 there is this reel I have been looking at. It is called a Shimano Stella FD. The first model. It is $599.00. Cheap for the quality. If they are out of those, my 2nd choice is a baitcaster on page 23 Shimano Calcutta TE DC the 2nd model. It is a little less expensive and they probably won't have that bolted to the floor. Get me a package of splitshot too.

I'll pay ya when I get my disability check.

John.

3. redfishman

redfishman New Member

State:
    South Louisiana
    We just had one of their stores open in Gonzales,La -roughly half way between Baton Rouge and New Orleans. So far ,it has not been received to warmly with seasoned fisherman. Buyers for this store seemed to be out of touch with the area needs and had a "canned" corporate approach. We have a great diversity of fishing ranging from bluewater -coastal/inland saltwater -marsh to freshwater areas. They did have a good selection of reels and freshwater baits and clothing was great. We don't have clear streams with freshwater trout and market for flies and thermal waders like our good friends to the North needs. The "corporate" buyers totally overlooked the saltwater market here. It is a neat store though.

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    John ,since you're goin all out ,Might as well splurge for a snoopy bobber while your at it.:big_smile:

5. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Hey Load He is more of the Sponge Bob guy:wink:
    I alway shop hard and try to get the best prices-fishing is a expensive addiction-Allthoug I am running alot of old equiptment replacing it is costly....The reel I want is 120-at cabelas and 150 at bp so I tend to like Cabelas better but thats my preferance.
    So far the store in lious is the bomb-They took care of us right the last time.
    Beetle I can swing yer shot on the list but we might have to wait on the reel - I am gettin ready to drop a coupl bens on reel/string?????

6. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    :wink:Beetle I aint skeered-we have the armor in the wagon waiten fer the ambush.(THEY WONT KNOW WHAT HIT EM)..You know How we's do it in IOWA:smile2:

7. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Hay Kenny when your at Cabelas this Weekend Check out there Bargin Cave.Sometimes You can get some Super Buys.I picked up a ABU record#60 for 89.00 Brand New last year in Omaha Nebr. They normally sell for 160.00.Now Go Get UM,and Shop till Ya Drop. A Man can Never have too Much Stuff Right? J.D.
    :wink:

8. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I went to Cabellas a month ago and spent 106 dollars. I just went in to get a bracket to attach my kicker motor to the main one [ 29 dollar part] don't know how the rest of the stuff got in my cart. lol

In the last year Cabellas and Bass Pro both built stores on 94 just inside Indiana line. 19 and 2 mile markers.

9. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I dont know about the rest of you but Cabelas-BP-and Harbor Freight are stores I am not allowed in unless acompanied by me lady-And I just dont know why:wink:

10. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Kenny,
    Did you ever get them yungins the new combo's you posted about, or is that on this trip too. Was wonderin what you decided on for em.

11. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I am glad you said something I got them shakesphere micro somthing fer about 15 bucks and there uncle give them light/med rods MATCHING ofcourse dont want no bones ....now giving the lill burgers them to test is another thing:wink:I will have to get pics up of them but I gotsta string em with some good braid first...........!There gonna be with dad so we gotsta have them proper(LOL)

12. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    I just got the ad and haven't looked at it for Cabelas. I too may be making a run out there this weekend if I find something that I cannot live without.

13. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    LEAVE THE MISSUS AT HOME THEY DONT UNDERSTAND:wink:

14. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Penn 320- thats what I come with .......and.....................Strung with 65l lb powerbraid................!:big_smile::big_smile::big_smile::big_smile::big_smile:

15. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Here is a couple fish tank pics-

Attached Files:

16. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Couple more...The kids were prety good for that kind of drive.

Attached Files:

17. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    now fer the other ones:wink::big_smile::tounge_out::smile2::big_smile:

Attached Files:

18. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Thats some deer scales and a 330 Penn-:big_smile:I got a Penn over a Abu because I think the Penn is the better buy-The retrieve isnt gonna be as fast but it has 4 berrrings abu 2....Gonna go try it out today suppose to be 63*:wink:

19. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I noticed they had a redtail cat in one of those pics, Ain't those south amexican?

20. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    I never made it to Cabelas... I went to BPS and I about died with the number of people. I dropped my load of money and ran for safety back to the house. Man the crowds were ridiculous... How was it at the Cabelas? I am sure it was just as bad.