Cabelas

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by SSgt Fishslayer, Feb 10, 2008.

1. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    i was up in phoenix yesterday and picked up a gamakatsu Catfish assortment and IMHO opinion it was a reaaly good buy. you get 4 diffrent hooks and i think there are 5 or 10 of each hook. you get 8/0 red circles, 6/0 circles, 4/0 shiner (kahle), and 1/0 bait holder hooks. all of this for 9 bucks. i picked up 2 sets. this will be the fisrst time i have used cirsles, i have known alot of people that use them and have read alot about them. i have been using octopus hooks for a while and thought it was time i give circles a try. just thought i woud pass along this bit of info.

2. montgomery#1

montgomery#1 New Member

State:
    ogden utah
    those circle hooks are good and alot easier on the fish. the good thing is though they wont snag the fish. you dont want to set the hook though it'll rip the hook out of its mouth. they hook the fish really well they get them in the corner of the mouth every time. those kits are nice to have if you get hung up alot like i do especially when you fish the weeds during the day like i do. ive found that the channels like the weeds during the day. i only fish in about 3-4' of water and always catch my limit of 3-10# fish. talk to you later.

3. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    yeah and another thing that i have found is that the fish out here will move up and swallow the bait before i even have any inclinatio of a hit, winding up i alot of gut hooked or throat hooked fish. thats why i picked up the circles, i can let hit it longer and ensure they take it before i am tempted to hook them. plus i fish tight line alot, so hopefully this will help in that aspect as well.

4. bigwhiskers

bigwhiskers New Member

State:
    Elon, North Ca
    Howdy SSgt. I switched over to circles last year and love 'em. The hardest thing for me to remember was not to set the hook. Just a steady retrieve after the bite and bingo! You'll love the dehooking ease too.
    Bigwhiskers

5. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I use the Gamakatsu 8/0 4x strong octopus circle hooks for blues and a 5-6/0 khale for flatties. They both get the job done great.

6. wneubauer

wneubauer New Member

State:
    McKinney, TX
    I bought that same set a few weeks ago. I agree, it was a good deal...