Cabelas whooping stik salt

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by FlatGetter, Dec 7, 2006.

1. FlatGetter

FlatGetter New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I had ordered one freom cabelas for my nephew for christmas. havint got it yet though. I got 1 piece 20-40lb. line rating 7ft. 2-6oz. lure weight. I think it should be a good rod It comes with a 10 year waranty. Im gonna get one 4 myself if it looks like a good rod. He has a 7000 that needs a bigger rod. I paid $50.00 Do you think I maid a good decision.

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I like the "whuppin stick" I have a couple that I use for eaters and I like them. I like the action. I have not tried the heavier saltwater version though. Let us know how it does.

3. dannybcc

dannybcc New Member

State:
    Sioux City, Iowa
    Hello Flatgetter,
    I have a Whuppin Stick and a Whuppin Stick Magnum. The Magnum on bought on sale last winter for $29.95. Great buy. It is a 7' medium (10-50 line weight). I try to duel purpose most my set ups for cats. Flat heads at night and channels durring the day so I like the fast tips. Dont know much about the Salt but I think it replaced the magnum. Very happy with mine for the money. But if I was gonna pay retail I would hands down go with the Tiger (BCW2201 medium 20-50 line) for $5.00 more. I know that one will handle any flat in the river.
    Tight Lines
    Danny J