Cabela's to build retail store in Greenwood, Indiana

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by ynnad40, Jul 1, 2007.

1. ynnad40

ynnad40 New Member

State:
    Indiana
  2. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Yea, I had seen a news clip about it. I guess its goin in around I-65 and County Line Road.

3. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    This is terrible!
    It will mean a 40 mile deviation in my route so that I can "just swing by" on my way home from work:wink:...W

4. Larry Beever

Larry Beever New Member

State:
    Indianapolis Indiana
    This is wonderful news.I can't believe that other Hoosiers as well as myself hav'nt replyed to this
    post until now.Metalman, I'm sure you've heard the
    quote in that movie that said,"If you build it they
    will come".I know you're coming!

I live in Indpls.And I Went past there two days ago.They are currently trying to survey and set up the drainage system.Soon after that they should start breaking ground. You know what comes after
    that... Foundations and then buildings! And from what I've heard It's going to be quite the attraction. They're shotting for the works according to the reports that I've heard. Big fish tanks and
    an extensive line of hunting, camping and fishing
    equipment.It's probably going to take about another year but you're gonna love it!

5. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    thats good news im glad there going to put one close to home we needed one for awhile

6. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Yell when it's done. They just put a Bass Pro shop 19 miles from me in Feb. Boy it's nice. We have a Lunkers about 40 miles from me. Now this Cabellas will be about 170 miles but what the heck, I''ll come.

7. hdfatboy29

hdfatboy29 New Member

State:
    indiana
    oh no(jim) there,s a bait and tackle shop near you i love to hit it,s near valpo and it,s right off us30 it,s called fetla's its huge and they carry every thing

8. typer181

typer181 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Indy
    Name:
    Eric
    I feel myself becoming more broke as the opening day approaches.:smile2:

9. biggen0_8

biggen0_8 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    My wife aint gonna like this. oh well

10. hdfatboy29

hdfatboy29 New Member

State:
    indiana
    cabela's wouldnt be bad if they were a lil cheaper . even wal mart will order in things for you if they carry that brand i.ve done it before . oh if you buy anything from shakespere and write them an e mail about how they dont say what lb of line is on the rod and reel combo they,ll send you free line of your favorite lb

11. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Carry everything is an understatement!!!
    You can get anything there from diapers to a machine gun.
    One time I had a friend from Australia come visit me when I lived in Valparaiso. I told them that everyone had to see Fettla's so off we went. My friend said "I bet they don't sell boomerangs" Not only did they sell boomerangs, they had an entire display rack of different models. Cool place...W

12. CPD159

CPD159 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Can't wait unti it's here.