Cabela's Salt Striker

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by JHalden, Oct 1, 2009.

1. JHalden

JHalden New Member

State:
    NorthCalifornia
    Has anyone tried the cabelas salt striker spinning reel? I ordered a combo from cabelas a whuppin stick 6' 6'' ml and a ss-30. It was 55 bucks only 10 more than buying just the reel itself. :roll_eyes:

Anyone used one of these reels before?

2. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I got a larger one and they are some pretty smooth reels.
    I think they're just an Okuma with a cabela's name put on them.
    I've been using mine for 2 years mostly for channels and haven't had any problems.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2009

3. mrmarkedwards

mrmarkedwards Active Member

State:
    Delaware
    salt strikers are made by okuma for cabelas. i have an ss-40 its a great reel

4. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    yep, they are made by okuma with the cabela's name on it, those are very smooth reels, with 10 ball bearings also a big beefy handle, i have the 65 model and it works great, nice loud clicker, very decent for the price, i have mine on an 8' MH action pole:wink:

5. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    friend of mine has one of the big ones on a 12 foot surf rod for paddlefish and he has brought in some bigguns no problem

6. JHalden

JHalden New Member

State:
    NorthCalifornia
    Sounds like an awesome reel cant wait to give it a try!

7. KansasKatCatcher

KansasKatCatcher Active Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ka
    Just picked up the Cabelas Fall Fishing Catalog and seen them on the firtst page for $39 bucks.Its every Model They Make.Only bad thing is they don't have the Baitrunner Feature.

I think its a Good Deal for what your getting.Its about Half Off.It looks diffrent from the one of their website(dosnt have any yellow on it).I think they just came out with a upgraded version.