Cabelas salt striker spinning reels

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by tbartek, May 18, 2006.

1. tbartek

tbartek New Member Supporting Member

State:
    New Germany, PA
    Has anyone used Cabelas salt striker spinning reels? Are they any good? I'm in the market for a new catfish reel.

2. Ryan

Ryan New Member

State:
    Crystal, Minnesota
    They're made by Okuma and are the same as the Epixor EB50. They're a great reel. I have the Okuma version, but several friends have the Slat Striker and they're pretty much identical. They work very well and I would not hesitate to buy one.

3. tbartek

tbartek New Member Supporting Member

State:
    New Germany, PA
    Ryan, thanks for the reply. I ordered both an okuma epixor 65 and a salt striker 65 from Cabelas and they're identical reels. Can't wait to try them out this weekend.

4. rwbrown1

rwbrown1 New Member

State:
    Tulsa, OK
    You'll find that MANY of the reels being sold by Cabelas, Bass Pro, and others are made by the same OEM (Okuma?). I went for the Okuma's since I'm sure (maybe I should say "hope") that they put a bit more QC into reels with their own name on 'em.

Later.....

Bob

5. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    In Cabela`s MASTER FISHING 2006 catalog.In the front part is a "Spinning Reel Construction and Features" section.It says that the "Salt Striker" has "Stainless Shielded"bearings and that the Epixor has"Carbon Steel"bearings.peewee-williams

6. Ryan

Ryan New Member

State:
    Crystal, Minnesota
    I won't argue if it says that, but I've handled both and they are identical as far as I can tell.

Enjoy the reels! The 65 is a big reel!

7. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    All Cabela's brand products are made by leading manufacturers and are very high quality.