Cabela's Salt Striker Line?

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by Mutt84, Oct 18, 2009.

1. Mutt84

Mutt84 New Member

State:
    Alaska
    Anyone use this line? I have read great reviews on other sites that are non catfishing. I was wondering about it's use for cats. Price seems great if it is quality line.

2. Mutt84

Mutt84 New Member

State:
    Alaska
    Anybody even heard of this line? Had an old timer at a coffee shop tell me it's compaeible to Ande.

3. ammo warrior

ammo warrior Member

State:
    Columbia, MO
    No bro, never heard of it... lets us know how good/bad it is...:cool2:

4. Mutt84

Mutt84 New Member

State:
    Alaska
    Might have to try some for winter trout and walleye.If I do I'll post.

5. ammo warrior

ammo warrior Member

State:
    Columbia, MO
  6. Mutt84

Mutt84 New Member

State:
    Alaska
    That confused me even more after reading the reviews. I guess it's like they say opinions are like a*#)holes everbody got one.For the price and their guarantee still thinkin' about trying it out.Would hate to lose a monster though if the line does not hold up.

7. mte

mte New Member

State:
    Millersville, P
    With the guarantee they have it's almost a no-brainer. Most of the premium lines on the market perform well. It's mostly a matter of preference. For myself I've used Ande line for over 30 years and it works for me.

8. NeverBigEnough

NeverBigEnough New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    A fishing buddy of mine picked up a spool of the Cabela's Salt Striker in 50lb test this year to try out. I haven't heard of him breaking off a fish. He did let me borrow a pole one night that was spooled with it. I was concerned about the line, it appeared dried out, cracked and brittle to me. I peeled off 20 or 30 feet of line and it was still rough. It didn't seem like it wanted to break easily, but the way it looked was enough for me stay away from it.

9. PaJay-p

PaJay-p Guest

I just read the reviews from the link Robert posted. Sounds like quite a few problems with it. Sometimes price isn't everything.

10. PaJay-p

PaJay-p Guest

By the way welcome to the BOC Robert!